diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these old dilapidated houses as I was in search of some new detecting spots.These are right in downtown area of West Palm Beach.Notice each one has a "no tresspassing" sign by order of W.P.B. Police Dept..I'm trying to find out some more info. on them. for possible detecting.

aband 1.jpg

aband 2.jpg

aband 3.jpg

aband 5.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are probably getting ready to be demolished. They are all in the same block. If you notice the yellow house in the 1st pic. is across the street from the house in the last pic..You can see it in the background. I know these aren't too old for most parts of the country, but they are pretty old for down here. Now, how to get permission to detect? ???

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
check with the tax assesors office and see who owns them I would guess would be the first step

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very cool...Wish you could pick them up and move them without tearing them down... .....great place to detect tho....what does the sign say ...call the city and find out is right and then hunt hunt hunt!!!!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
check with the tax assesors office and see who owns them I would guess would be the first step
Good call and correct. It's mostly owned by Cityplace partners,a development firm out of N.Y.C. that has been responsible for the "rebuilding" of half of downtown West Palm already. They seem to own all of the houses on one side of that block. BTW-The yellow house in the first picture cost them $695,000,The houses on the other side of the street are owned by a different development firm and I have found many code violations against the properties owned by them.They own the house in the forth photo and it cost them a little over 1.4 million. Crazy!! Mostly land value I would assume.I couldn't find any code violations listed for the properties owned by Cityplace,even though all the properties in this area are in similar shape.I guess that shows who's greasing whose palm in West Palm. ;D

gypsyheart said:
Very cool...Wish you could pick them up and move them without tearing them down... .....great place to detect tho....what does the sign say ...call the city and find out is right and then hunt hunt hunt!!!!
The signs say "no trespassing by order of the West Palm Beach county sheriffs ofice."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread