Never been this close to a coyote before..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Animals just pay no attention to this beast..

K1600_DSCN2046.JPG

I was driving straight toward him and stopped a good 100 feet away,I focused as he was looking straight at me..hit the shutter,lost it.

Had to take it through the windshield,(note to self..bring windex/paper towels):tongue3:

K1600_DSCN2044.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one at a Maryland park about 10 days ago. Was less than 100 feet away also. It left and I left. Mine was HUGE, and more grey.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL...I used to call-in, and kill coyotes for their fur. I've had them come running in so hard, I had to stand up and yell at them to keep them from running over me. I've shot them as close as 5'. One time I stood up to leave a stand, and there was a 10' skidmark in the snow where a coyote was running to me, and figured out, at the last second what was going on, and hit the brakes. I've called lions in to 60 yards. That's a big coyote in the pic. From what I've seen eastern coyotes are bigger than western coyotes. Probably better fed.
Jim

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell em they got a fat butt when they start running away. Is that a new tractor then the one last year?

Attachments

• coyote apl 2017.jpg
    coyote apl 2017.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77

Blkcloud

Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been running a hay mower before and had them within 10 feet of the machine.. then I go call them and can't get near them..

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
is this your yard??

No it isn't,it is the Agawam Meadows,it has been farmed for many years(found cool stuff there MDin.)now it is a turf farm and I mow 60 acres of 85 total. Wildlife haven too.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coydog possibly?
I think they like the rabbits, deer and prairie dogs around hear all have very close the same color hair and fur. I think they naturally take on a color for the terrain their generations have live in. I could see how your coyote would blend in with the thick forest he has behind him. Where I live was nothing but mostly prairie grass for thousands of years. Yours has a black tip tail and I've never seen one lift a leg to P either. I always seen them squat, so I'm either seeing nothing but females or the plains coyote all squat? I know a young male puppy dog will squat when he goes until he get to be around six month old. It could be your coyote has some canine in him :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think they like the rabbits, deer and prairie dogs around hear all have very close the same color hair and fur. I think they naturally take on a color for the terrain their generations have live in. I could see how your coyote would blend in with the thick forest he has behind him. Where I live was nothing but mostly prairie grass for thousands of years. Yours has a black tip tail and I've never seen one lift a leg to P either. I always seen them squat, so I'm either seeing nothing but females or the plains coyote all squat? I know a young male puppy dog will squat when he goes until he get to be around six month old. It could be your coyote has some canine in him :dontknow:

I think he was checking his web feet,seconds after that pic he disappeared out that way.:laughing7:

K1600_DSCN2049.JPG

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back when I worked at the Kennedy Space Center, there was one coyote at the 39A pad (shuttle) that would eat hot dogs out of our hand. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread