Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started up as Dayton in 1865 for no particular reason on the west end of Twin Lakes. Later during the boom days became an important transportation hub between Leadville and Aspen as it was along the toll road over Independence Pass. I camp over in this area quite a bit but never much looked the little town over. I have no idea what the folks here due for a living, but I suspect it's fleecing tourists like most of the rest of us here in the high country, haha!

Attachments

• 5-2c.jpg
    5-2c.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 5-2d.jpg
    5-2d.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 5-2e.jpg
    5-2e.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 5-2f.jpg
    5-2f.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 5-2i.jpg
    5-2i.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 79

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure a beautiful place! My buddy fell in up to his waist at the ice fishing tournament one year. Our friends had a cabin there and would have some great parties. I would imagine it would be excellent detecting if you knew where the stage stopped. We try to get over Independance pass once a year. Great pictures!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to go up there in the summer. Just watch for the mountain lions. I've see some large spoor and tracks.

Colorado Mother Fights Off Mountain Lion To Save Her Son : The Two-Way : NPR
I haven't seen any sign of lions down there but I know they're around and have probably seen me. Bears are out now. Couple of years ago a bear went up to a tent and bit a camper on the foot in the pay campground just below where I camped Monday night. I've never had any problems with bears when I'm camping, maybe cause I keep a pretty clean campsite. About 4 years ago the grandson surprised one outside the house and it came up and pawed at the front door, but the younger grandson went out and chased it off. I didn't report it cause from what the grandsons told me it was just young, stupid, and curious, and I didn't want DOW to come out and kill it for something I've been myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread