Drove over to the coast.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Drove over to the coast and Duke got to play in the water and I got to enjoy the pretty views in the fog. Talk about muggy when I got back home, 78 degrees and thunder storms.
Duke3A.jpg
LindaPhil8A.jpg
My cousin and his wife throwing sticks for the dogs to chase.
Bandon1A.jpg
This is the view at Bandon. Looking south, the Jetty and the Coquille river are behind me.
Port Orford3A.jpg
And this is the view at Port Orford at low tide. Oregon Viking lives about 50 miles south, behind that point off in the fog.
Port Orford6A.jpg
This is Battle Rock, low tide at Port Orford.
strawberry3A.jpg
In the grass and sand along side the trail there are some wild strawberry's growing.

Thought I'd add a little explanation about Battle Rock.
1.jpg
[FONT=&quot]The Battle of Battle Rock, 1851
[/FONT]

Which took place in the edge of the Pacific Ocean in 1851,
and where nine men with four old muskets and an old signal
gun repulsed an attack of 150 Indians, killing 23 of them,
and getting away with their lives.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always liked those misty day coastlines when I lived in northern California. Living there in the Sacramento area during those 106 degree days, it was so refreshing to head over to the coast and cool off.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Nowhere near the coast, but we get several days per year when the fog sets in so thick that you can't see more than 20' out. Even though we live in the middle of nowhere, it's still cool to walk out in that muck and feel like the last people on Earth. No traffic sounds, no people, ...even the birds stay quiet when the fog is thick. It's like the world just stops spinning and time is standing still.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread