worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They are going in for the kill..bugs stirred up from mowing,they swarm around me in amazing acrobatic flight after those bugs!

K1600_DSCN2173.JPG

DSCN2175.JPG

DSCN2177.JPG

K1600_DSCN2179.JPG

Carmine the owner just loves to fabricate from parts laying around,air compressor and tank,German engine.

K1600_DSCN2190.JPG

K1600_DSCN2196.JPG

K1600_DSCN2189.JPG

AC generator..

K1600_DSCN2195.JPG

K1600_DSCN2194.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the underground rolling equipment run with the Deutz air cooled diesel engines.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carm told me those things run forever.
Well I've seen many that don't run for ever. When I was a parts man I did rebuilt engine exchange with the Duetz motors. In my inventory there were inline six engine's, V8's and one big V12. The Bad Order motors came in and they had blown rods, cracked heads and all kinds of issue. The customer would get a rebuilt sent out and the BO motors where sent to a shop in Michigan to get overhauled and put back in inventory in Denver. There are designed in a way that if you say crack a head then just the one cylinder head can be repaired. Duetz used to dominate the market on underground engines, but now Cat and Mercedes-Benz have also made a big push at the industry. All underground mine engines have to meet a stringent emissions criteria now in order to reduce the exhaust particulates. Duetz made a small gas turbine engine I'd like to get my hands on.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions