tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a ride out to check on the nesting Heron's and see if they and the burrowing owls made it okay through this last dump of snow we had. They look fine and these baby Heron's sure grew up and were making this pretty wacky noise that sounded like a deep loud guck-guck-guck noise with their throats throbbing in and out. It probably means get me some more frogs mom. I saw this Hawk on the wire and I went uptown to get a haircut and I stopped by our local pawn shop. As I headed out of the pawn shop I herd the most terrifying sound of a bird almost screaming like and looked ahead under this tree I saw this Falcon had just snagged some kind of little bird. That Falcon was gripping his talons into his little victim and biting it's neck until the little bird went silent and still. The falcon then flew off with his kill to the top of a telephone pole and then all these Blue Jays started diving and squawking at him. Man that Falcon sure has some devil eyes and I couldn't help but feel a little sadness for the little bird, you can kind-of see under him, but that's just the laws of nature. I would not have gotten this picture if I didn't have this Panasonic ZS40 in my pocket... It is sure handy to have in your pocket.

Attachments

• birds 053117 1.jpg
    birds 053117 1.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 56
  • birds 053117 2.jpg
    birds 053117 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 81
  • birds 053117 3.jpg
    birds 053117 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • birds 053117 4.jpg
    birds 053117 4.jpg
    948.4 KB · Views: 78
  • birds 053117 5.jpg
    birds 053117 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • birds 053117 6.jpg
    birds 053117 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what falcons do, he's got to make a living just like everything else. Of course I didn't feel that way when a coyote killed a calf. The coyote was just making a living, but the law of the jungle applied in this case, and the top of the food chain, at that time and place, killed the coyote.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what falcons do, he's got to make a living just like everything else. Of course I didn't feel that way when a coyote killed a calf. The coyote was just making a living, but the law of the jungle applied in this case, and the top of the food chain, at that time and place, killed the coyote.
When I went out to find the burrowing owls yesterday, which I believe there are only two that have homestead this little area of the bluffs, I saw that same coyote again.... If I see him the next time I go out there, I will then call him "Two Socks" ?

Attachments

• coyote 053117 1.jpg
    coyote 053117 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures all. I wish I had the diversity of wildlife here that you get to enjoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread