old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cave with the iron door in the Wichita mts., (hills) If only you could get permission to get on the military base there?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful pictures! Takes me back to OK. Have family there and lived near Tulsa.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!. pretty wonderful pictures RG.... OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rain.
I always think of that song, when I hear the word Oklahoma.

Ya Know! When I went back to Iowa 3 weeks ago and along the Missouri river and rolling hills of the countryside, I had this overwhelming sense of appreciation for the land back there. I looked back 40 years ago when I lived there and wondered why it was I didn't see all I was seeing when I lived there. I'm sure it be different if I was there during the hot, sweltering humid, heat of the summers and I'd be thinking then of the cool, brisk, high alpine air of Colorado, but so is everyone else now these days. Things have sure changed in the the many years of being in the Rocky Mountains and in all those years it seems like the front range is like the hectic pace of what you'd see in any largely populated state with the enormous metro regions. I definitely enjoyed some of what you can experience in the Missouri river valley and the Midwest states this last visit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cave with the iron door in the Wichita mts., (hills) If only you could get permission to get on the military base there?
I don't think
that's on Ft. Sill's property, OD. Maybe back up in the refuge or the northern part where we don't have access. I've been all through that Charon's Garden wilderness area and never spotted it, so has my son. That's where most of the reports of sightings come from, particularly around Elk Mountain in the pic. Of course that's a big country and thinking you been 'all through' it, doesn't mean you have. People say they've spotted it, then couldn't return to it, so you think how could that be, but I'm from around there, I think I'm pretty outdoor savvy, never get lost, but that part of the Wichitas does kind of confuse me sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread