I think you mates across the pond would really like this...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I wondered why this puddle shimmered in the morning light..

K1600_DSCN2499.JPG

First deer this year down the meadows..

RSCN2496.JPG

These are from yesterday afternoon when I went back to finish mowing down the meadows,I have never seen anything like this..

GOD Bless

Chris

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad used to Bowfish for Carp in the irrigation ditches In Yakima - sold for .03 lb by the gunny sack to the fertilizer plant mid 50's. Of course, he always fulfilled ladies requests for carp to bury under fresh planting of Roses, etc.

Thanks for the memories -

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my way home last Friday I listened to a local outdoor sports and fishing radio show about fishing in Utah. They talked about fishing for carp and the fight they put up. They also talked about bow fishing carp. The one fella on the show grew up in GB and said carp are considered sport fishing in Europe. In Utah they want you to take out an unlimited catch. They said all the carp you catch work great for fertilizing your garden also. We always put fish heads and guts in our garden after we cleaned em.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one more thing I am grateful for, I'm not a carp.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
On my way home last Friday I listened to a local outdoor sports and fishing radio show about fishing in Utah. They talked about fishing for carp and the fight they put up. They also talked about bow fishing carp. The one fella on the show grew up in GB and said carp are considered sport fishing in Europe. In Utah they want you to take out an unlimited catch. They said all the carp you catch work great for fertilizing your garden also. We always put fish heads and guts in our garden after we cleaned em.

I hope Silver Searcher(Colin) over there sees this,he likes fishing for those.

Fish heads you say,here..this will make your day Grant,now..try and get that tune out of you head. laughing021 (1).gif

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fish heads you say,here..this will make your day Grant,now..try and get that tune out of you head.

Try calling out a Bloke or Corker — Someone or something that/who is outstanding. A standout. Mate's kinda of an Aussie slang. Not sure SS frequents the site much anymore? Maybe he cashed in his finds and moved to somewhere along the Mediterranean coast and dining on sturgeon eggs :dontknow: I will not listen to to that fish head song.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know another thing that GB guy on the Utah fishing radio show I was listening to said trolling for fish was considered unsportsmanlike. A ture fishing Sportsman will cast a lure to an individual fish in order to lure that fish to a catch. Guess I'm a poor sport, cuz I just cast and reel in hoping some big Bass says I'll take that little lure.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Fish heads you say,here..this will make your day Grant,now..try and get that tune out of you head.

Try calling out a Bloke or Corker — Someone or something that/who is outstanding. A standout. Mate's kinda of an Aussie slang. Not sure SS frequents the site much anymore? Maybe he cashed in his finds and moved to somewhere along the Mediterranean coast and dining on sturgeon eggs :dontknow: I will not listen to to that fish head song.

You don't have to,it's already playing up there.
attachment.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread