Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I made it over here this year to camp. Warm in the days now, but 29 when I got up at 4 this a.m. Gave up on gold panning and went fishing and did better. Saw one pretty cool camp set up but nobody was around and I was really interested in talking to them, cause I know a lot about teepees. This one is a northern style with the three pole tie and I believe a 16 footer. I was wondering about it facing due south for as far as I know the prevailing winds in this area are from the west, but anybody will tell you they always do things different up north. Just before I drifted off to sleep, I thought, you know I smell like fish, bears are active, and I am sleeping out on the ground....but it turned out to be a quiet night.

Attachments

• 6-12a.jpg
    6-12a.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 6-12g.jpg
    6-12g.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 6-12h.jpg
    6-12h.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-12j.jpg
    6-12j.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 6-12k.jpg
    6-12k.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey empty pan man. I think I'll cache this old school rocker box up there for you to give a go?. I'll never get around to ever sifting sand with it. Maybe then after that you can try your hand at a jackleg and go for the mother load? I just picked this baby up from a Canuck last week. It's the lastest and greatest to hit the market. Has a shock absorber operator handle and has been trimmed down to be the lightest machine out of all the current other jackleg drills running in the mines. I'll be taking it to the mine competitions in Leadville hopefully this year. I need to find a girl who wants to enter the contest this year with it. Dang thing of it is the big Gold companies won't allow their employees to use these anymore, because they deemed them too dangerous and they buy the 3/4 million dollar rigs you sit in and listen to your​ iPod... Hopefully the mine contractors will dig it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_182157.jpg
    IMG_20170613_182157.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20170612_092230.jpg
    IMG_20170612_092230.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah tr this was a bad spot, on the surface anyway. There is gold there though. I don't know much about gold mining but a little about geology. This surface is mostly rock. Looks like the creek has stayed in about the same channel for many many years. I can't be sure, but looks like the bedrock may be about 5 feet down. So by my calculations, when gold reaches about $15,000 an ounce, get some equipment in there and dredge that down, and we'll all be rich. You may have a winning plan on that mine contest in Leadville this year. Hope it works out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread