Nuther Parade

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Well I just got back from another gathering of Shriners; this time it was all the Shrine Temples in the southeast meeting in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Thought I'd post a few photos of the bunch.

Here's a few clowns chatting:

Waiting for the parade to start.JPG

We had a 2 hour wait:

Hurry up and wait.JPG

And more waiting.JPG

Of course there's always time for the kids:

She found a friend.JPG

And of course a mug of me and the Potentate:

Me and the Illustrious Potentate.JPG

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love a Parade,
Great job Guys, Fossis................

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Potentate: A big word meaning "The Big Cheese". ;D Are you guys twins or something? You could stand in as his decoy or his stunt double. ::) ::) ;)

Looks like you had a great time, Wesley....even though you probably could have done without the 2 hour delay. :-\

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Just Mona....I should have known you'd be the one to realize that Mikey, "The Big Cheese" is really my twin brother......NOT.

On a sad note. after I posted this we heard that another Temple behind us in the parade had a wreck between a dune buggy and a go cart, one of the vehicles ran into the crowd, hurting 8 folks (including children) with 3 of them being taken to a hospital. Haven't been able to get any more info but the incident sure put a damper on what had been a very enjoyable time. :(

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have all the parades you want wes. This guy can walk due to a long series of operations that took several years to complete. He was in surgery within a few weeks of birth. Thanks to SHRINERS we now have to find a way to slow him down. ;D btw, he's a big fan of Enzite's "Bob" character in the commercials.

Attachments

• noasbob.JPG
    noasbob.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thanks packer...sent chills through me reading your reply. That's what we're really all about and it's such a joy when I personally hear of one of our success stories. I'm so very glad that you have the hard chore of "slowing him down" and I'm sure you enjoy every second doing it.
Thanks again.

BTW...were you aware that there are very few folks out there that do not know that we provide this service at absolutely no charge to the family?

SPREAD THE WORD!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sweet post! I'm sorry about the accident, I hope everyone is ok? It looks like everyone was enjoying themselves though.

Packer, I so very happy for that little cutie! Brought a tear. The Shriners are one heck of a group of folks, I know several around here.

On a bright note, at least you weren't sleeping Wes :D!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread