Desert Sky

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
This is Fort Rock,

I was told by an old timer that indians chased a wagon train into this rock formation where they defended themselves. Made a good story but I think he was pulling my leg. :D :D

However a few years ago some very nice indian artifacts were found in a cave on the the back side of this.

In the first picture at the far right is the little town of Fort Rock, Oregon

I don't remember if I posted these here before, but if I did I'm sorry.

Attachments

• desert 6 - 29 - 7 042_RT8.jpg
    desert 6 - 29 - 7 042_RT8.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 234
  • desert 6 - 29 - 7 036_RT8.jpg
    desert 6 - 29 - 7 036_RT8.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 245
  • desert 6 - 29 - 7 045_RT8_2.jpg
    desert 6 - 29 - 7 045_RT8_2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 225

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
nope, you didn't post it before Ron because I would have remembered Fort Rock pictures since it is something I am real familiar with. You got some incredible shots but what do we expect....you ALWAYS get incredible shots! I do not know if the story you heard is true either although I have heard it before as well and many folks have talked about finding indian artifacts in that area. Thanks so much for posting the photos!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Burdie said:
Am I correct in saying that is what is left of an old volcano. Nice pictures.
Burdie

I don't know much about it but I guess it could have been a volcano. The area has had a lot of volcanic activity at some time in history.There are numerous caves in the area caused by lava flows.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Cynangyl said:
nope, you didn't post it before Ron because I would have remembered Fort Rock pictures since it is something I am real familiar with. You got some incredible shots but what do we expect....you ALWAYS get incredible shots! I do not know if the story you heard is true either although I have heard it before as well and many folks have talked about finding indian artifacts in that area. Thanks so much for posting the photos!

You are too kind Cyn,

Appreciate your input,

Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions