Raining here but some good things

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The River vine is in full bloom. So I captured it, although seems a bit blurry. Must be eyes, all tree of them.
Climatis.jpg deer.jpg Think this is a Climates of some sort. Correct me if not. Also, one of my friends showed with 3 babies and another sub adult. Been feeding the deer for years as entertainment. No hunting allowed. Thanks for looking.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know my flora and fauna, but it looks beautiful and peaceful there. I don't intentionally feed the deer. I just give them something to drink. You may have to zoom in. There's actually 4 there. The post is blocking one.
IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG

Have seen six at a time too.
One year I fed them well. I planted a garden! They ate everything!

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice drinking fountain. Yes, deer like green leaves and bite all the hickory leaves off too. Got to brush those teeth. My wife called the deer her children. Glad they chose not to go to college.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long ago my buddy who lived on a farm in Iowa found a little spotted fawn and brought it home. It grew up to be a white tail buck and hung around with all the goats. It would always follow you around hoping you had a treat to give him. Someone reported him to the Fish & Game department and they came out and took his pet Deer away and warned him if he does something like that again, they'll be some stiff consequences against him, so he got off with a stiff warning that time.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deer are so bad around me EVERYTHING like gardens and orchards must be fenced in, its a constant battle.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Long ago my buddy who lived on a farm in Iowa found a little spotted fawn and brought it home. It grew up to be a white tail buck and hung around with all the goats. It would always follow you around hoping you had a treat to give him. Someone reported him to the Fish & Game department and they came out and took his pet Deer away and warned him if he does something like that again, they'll be some stiff consequences against him, so he got off with a stiff warning that time.

Yeah they want everything wild to stay that way and let nature take its course. We found a fawn with a broken leg. We asked the local nature center if they would take it, since they take a variety of hurt wild animals and nurse them back to health. They refused and told us not to feed it or get near it. It had to learn to survive on it's own. I haven't seen any adults with a hobble, so I assume it didn't make it.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
deer are so bad around me EVERYTHING like gardens and orchards must be fenced in, its a constant battle.

What my husband loves and hates is how they scrape their antlers on the pine trees. He'll use a mad gruff voice to point out which tree a deer scraped, and then he chuckles. They also jump over the fence and eat the apples that fall into the cemetery, so your fences must be pretty tall if you're going to win that battle. We quit the fight.:dontknow:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah they want everything wild to stay that way and let nature take its course. We found a fawn with a broken leg. We asked the local nature center if they would take it, since they take a variety of hurt wild animals and nurse them back to health. They refused and told us not to feed it or get near it. It had to learn to survive on it's own. I haven't seen any adults with a hobble, so I assume it didn't make it.
Yep, I've seen a lot of tearjerkers out there in the wild kingdom over the years. I guess we're lucky that the ultimate laws of nature don't apply to us so much anymore. We've created the option to disagree with it, but in the end mother nature will always win.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What my husband loves and hates is how they scrape their antlers on the pine trees. He'll use a mad gruff voice to point out which tree a deer scraped, and then he chuckles. They also jump over the fence and eat the apples that fall into the cemetery, so your fences must be pretty tall if you're going to win that battle. We quit the fight.:dontknow:

Going for 8 foot and gonna electrify it......with any luck they will touch it and never step foot near it again. Same with the bear.

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have you tried magnet fishing in the pond. People find a lot of interesting things in such places. One found a motorcycle.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you tried magnet fishing in the pond. People find a lot of interesting things in such places. One found a motorcycle.

Hahahaha! Please, let me share a story! We bought 40 acres out of 80. First thing that went in was the pond. Second , the fish. Lol! Third, the barn for the man toys. Then, finally, after a few years, the house was built. So, to date, there are two anchors and a maybe a fishing pole or two, or three, or four. We lost count! Family and friends lose so many poles its hilarious! First thing we tell them, "DON'T leave your pole!" They don't listen. I guess they think since it's a newer pond we don't have big fish. Lol! They are Hubby's pets. He's been feeding them for years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread