Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fire fighter setting up camp. 1700 total in our small town. Fighting a 125,000 acre fire that could have been extinguished when it was 1/4 acre. Nope wilderness, can not use fire suppressant... Forest service said... let it burn!
Oops!

Thank you Fire fighters!!

Click three time to enlarge pics.

fire camp orange sun 022.JPG

fire camp orange sun 033.JPG

fire camp orange sun 024.JPG

fire camp orange sun 033.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that for the Chetgo Bar fire?

Yes it is. Chetco bar fire is about 5 miles from Brookings-Harbor. 7 homes lost, I know 5 of the families being a local.
One of the homes had a 10,000 gallon water tank on the property, installed after the 2002 Biscuit fire. It was not used.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't log because of the spotted owl and marbled murlette, but it's OK to just let it burn, won't hurt them a bit.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't log because of the spotted owl and marbled murlette, but it's OK to just let it burn, won't hurt them a bit.

Yep! The spotted owl had no trouble relocating. Then the Barred owl attacked it! Forest service/fish and game issued permits to shoot... the barred owl. Smart.
I have been informed the people who have lost homes/outbuildings/property can NOT sue because of a "left leaning " law.
BS!!
Our two grocery stores have a forest circus rep explaining what the winds will do... where they will blow... and when!
I'm wearing my PLP shirts and pretty much correcting them 'till they just stop talking... or walk away.
I really want to smack someone!
They let a 1/4 acre fire burn....said good for the forest... until the Chetco effect hit. Winds blowing from the east, down the Chetco... the reason Brookings has 90+ degree weather and the towns 25 miles to the north and the south are 20 degrees cooler. They said what? that's not possible.....:BangHead::BangHead:

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OV, sorry brother...sadly, there's too many people living in a world of their own delusions.

You get some beautiful sunsets, no doubt! If I ever get down that way again youse and
me are gonna go shoot some pics!

fire camp orange sun 033-2-2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread