Months of Landscaping Paid Off! Nice Fall Photos!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nearly half of the whole backyard was completely turned into 4 foot high log piles, and slightly flooded when we moved it. I got a Kubota tractor and was able to remove most of the stuff, and add dirt to all the flooded areas, after metal detecting the yard of course. I also spread paddock sand and was able to make a temporary goat paddock, and a horse paddock. Anyways, New England also looks pretty nice right now in the fall, dreading winter though.

All of the bare dirt shown in this photo used to have around 5 feet of logs piled up, and a foot of water before dirt was added. A whole other quarter acre where my animal paddocks are also had at least a few feet of logs and debris. The previous owner was a landscaper, who apparently used the backyard to put all of the trees and debris he removed.
DSC_0143.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a beautiful, peaceful place to call home! Love the barn! Your hardwork has paid off.:icon_flower:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo. What a pretty place to be.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice! I see some great Fall, Winter and Spring photos coming from around your new home and barn!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard work paid off , look's wonderful.

I be glad to live in your barn.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how I always imagined New England would look. Nice pic, good job!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
That's how I always imagined New England would look. Nice pic, good job!

Thanks everyone! I am pretty thrilled to live here. I moved from a postage stamp sized lot in the suburbs, in NH, but you had to drive at least 10 minutes to get to any nice New England Areas. In June, when deciding to move, our family decided on a 1740's Georgian Cape with a lovely post and beam barn. Within walking distance of beautiful trails and woods, and less than five minutes of driving to a colonial cellar hole :laughing7:. We have goats, a horse, and chickens, and they love the barn and land too! Ironically, the paddocks are on land that was unusable when we moved in, now it is clear and flat, with an added shed row with two small stalls. The shed row was under $1000, and needed a lot of work after being untouched for around 10 years, but after a month or so of working on it, it looks new. Luckily it had almost no rot, except for on one roof board and side board, which I replaced. I am loving our new home!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy this new piece of heaven!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread