try lead works the best

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sometimes problems work themselves out...

Attachments

• squirrel balls.jpg
    squirrel balls.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 42

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Did she play dead when you walked up on her?
Well Chris, I tell ya' what - have had several close calls in our 15 years here. One night I had stomach gas real bad, was stuck in my gut. Only thing that ever worked for me was walking. So was walking up and down the long driveway. The night was pitch black! As we are so rural, there are no lights from neighbors. ...Actually, there are no neighbors! *lol* Was nearly out to the end of the driveway when I thought I noticed something just to my left going the other way. So I turned on my little mini-flashlight. ACK! It was a HUGE skunk!! But it just kept walking - wasn't the least bit afraid. We passed jusr 2' to3' from each other. ...It was a while before I came back towards the house!!

A couple of times, opened the door to go outside and got a surprise. Two times it was an old, onry skunk that thought this was HIS place! (and for a short time, it was!!) Another time there were two young "pups" up eating the cat food. Boy, the younguns make me more nervous than the old farts. These reminded me of the human kids these days - always flipping their tails up; always threatening. Only thing was, they were so young, they hadn't yet learned to not spray out without necessary provocation. ...I had a nice day INdoors!! :occasion14:

I don't even take a gun out with me anymore. Eyes are too bad to try and shoot, and I really don't like dealing with the removal process. Doesn't bother me so much, but the wife has a nose that a bloodhound would be envious of, and I'd have to hear for WEEKS how bad my boots smelled;my gloves smelled' how bad "I" smelled after 20 showers!! So instead, if it's daylight, I just give them room. If it's dark, however, I'll use my trusty, super-high-powered spotlight and stomp around while growling like a bear! I'll keep back about 100' or little more and they won't spray, thinking it'll waste their own ammo. This trick hasn't failed me yet, and so far, haven't noticed the same one come back more than twice - then they figure this isn't part of their territory after all.

Haven't had a single skunk this ENTIRE year!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This just looks painful, almost like he/she's in traction ... but I promise I did not touch this tree rat, although my wife thinks hanging is too good for them.

View attachment 1511626

I guess this is his/her version of a headstand:

View attachment 1511627

We're flat overrun with these vermin. While they are cuter than the slick tailed ones, they're just as destructive!

---------

Oh, BTW, I have free possums to give away. Killed 3 big 'uns (tired of digging holes to plant possums, and afraid we might end up with a bumper crop if they all come up next year).

Even with all that, I've got more that need homes

Live trap arrives tomorrow, order yours now!

are arkie possums better than hoosier ones?
I keep them away with my pet mountain lion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread