Turtle Love.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo858.jpg Photo859.jpg Photo861.jpg .

Flip Phone pic's.
Hope they look good. :icon_thumleft:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like turtles Davers.

Eastern Box turtle (Terrapene Carolina carolina), I believe. State reptile on NC!

Good job brother!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say the flip phone captured the moment just fine.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Aww! So cute! The last one looks like he/she is camera shy. Do you have a lot of them where you live?

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say the flip phone captured the moment just fine.

Thanks I had left my camera at home.

I was surprised the picture's looked that nice ; as I have carried this phone for 7-8 years.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww! So cute! The last one looks like he/she is camera shy. Do you have a lot of them where you live?

Aww! So cwhere you live?
ute! The last one looks like he/she is camera shy. Do you have a lot of them

Yea they seem to be pretty Hardy but not like in the 1970's early 1980's.

I remember finding them as a Child & I find the Very interesting , My Soft spot comes from in 9th Grade I & 4 other boys were walking home from school & Crazy Andy picked up one we came upon ,Then ! he threw it as hard as he could into a Stand of tree's !!!!!! , Being shy & Andy was crazy ( pulled a pocket Knife out in the Principles office & threatened to cut his wrists), I said Why? but should have stomped his head in. We did not have the gall to see what happened to it.

That still hurts me to this Day.

They (i think) were taken off the Endangered list (or moved a notch up ,to less endangered .) Why???
As Tom said they are the State Reptile of a Few States , His , NC, & TN , almost made it in PA & VA but was voted down.
See Wikipedia.

They seem to have different personalities , some will hide , some will walk up to you, I have had them in the Car before after finding them crossing the Road & at Construction Sites & some will sit there closed up ,& some will walk all around the car , crawling up the seats ,under the seats, & under the Pedals if you let them.

I usually try not to pick them up anymore , then they stay frozen for a good picture.

I have an eye for them , it seems.

Another soft spot for turtles came from , I must have been 9 or 10 & on the Way to Daytona FL & Between Platka FL where my Mom is from & is at Rest (her Body only) & Daytona one 'Box or Another type' was crossing the road & I begged my Step-Dad to Stop & let me get it Cause cars were coming both directions & I wanted to save it , he would not stop ,& I was devastated . Hope that one made it . If so it likely alive to this Day. As the area is pretty much still like it was then .In N,Central FL.

Since then I have about caused more than 1 traffic accident while slamming on the breaks to get one crossing the road or Scared to death Closed in its Shell, on the Yellow line or right on the side of the Road.

I have had to take a few to a vet to be put down cause they had been hit but were still alive.

I always wondered how they survived through the 100's of years W/O being eaten , & I found out they Eat Mushrooms (had a pic of a Turtle munching on one ) & since the Mushrooms are Poisonous ; who or what ate the Turtle got Poisoned. ..Cool.

I won't go on tho I could on my hunts if I don't Find a Relic but Get a Picture of a Box Turtle (or other) it was a good day.
Davey

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,