tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I headed out to the lake early this morning to see if the Eagle I saw late yesterday afternoon was still hanging around and yes it was. It had just finished eating a fish it caught. I spotted it as it dove in the water and saw the tree it landed in to gobble down it's breakfast. The early morning light wasn't the best of conditions, but I think it'll be hanging around for a while and maybe I can get some better shots of it another time?

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_095902.jpg
    IMG_20171130_095902.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! GORGEOUS BIRD!! I have a pair living in a huge nest in front of my home on the Mississippi River down here in Louisiana!! Impressive to watch them FLY!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice shot Grant,looks like a bit of head cleaning is in order,I wonder if that's from it's last meal.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! GORGEOUS BIRD!! I have a pair living in a huge nest in front of my home on the Mississippi River down here in Louisiana!! Impressive to watch them FLY!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
I once saw maybe 50 or more eagles all at once crossing the upper Mississippi from Iowa to Illinois. There was a barge going up river through the ice pack in the winter and the eagles where going after fish in the clear of ice path behind that barge. They we're diving in and catching fish one after another. I believe the fish we're instantly coming to the surface of the water free of ice only to be snatched out of the water by an eagle.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys probably already know this. Eagles mate for life. When we first started camping at lake Erie, we spotted two in a nest. Then , one year one was killed and lying in the road. The mate was right there in the road and it was like it was mourning for the other. It was so sad. To this day it is alone in its nest.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking bird, nice to capture a pic of it just sitting there. Saw one yesterday soaring overhead, and it brings such pleasure just seeing them around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread