tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's more and more folks hitting the slopes ever year it seems. Wonder what it'll be like in another 20 years. By then, I'll have seen Colorado's changes in the course of over a half a century. I miss the good old days up your way. I knew an old miner up in Breckenridge named Ray. I talked to him last maybe 8 or more years ago. He had some claims up that way. He told me back in the 1980s Hecla mining wanted to buy him out, but he wouldn't sell. Now no one would ever want anything to do with mining in Colorado with all the environmental impact regs and his claims are pretty much unsellable now. Things were good back then until a chump and canuck named Robert Friedland aka "Toxic Bob" got involved in gold mining. One thing I do know is which industry has had the most major impact on the environment between the ski industry and mining industry over the years I've seen these changes come along.

Last edited:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It truly “feels” like winter nice shots and thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's more and more folks hitting the slopes ever year it seems. Wonder what it'll be like in another 20 years. By then, I'll have seen Colorado's changes in the course of over a half a century. I miss the good old days up your way. I knew an old miner up in Breckenridge named Ray. I talked to him last maybe 8 or more years ago. He had some claims up that way. He told me back in the 1980s Hecla mining wanted to buy him out, but he wouldn't sell. Now no one would ever want anything to do with mining in Colorado with all the environmental impact regs and his claims are pretty much unsellable now. Things were good back then until a chump and canuck named Robert Friedland aka "Toxic Bob" got involved in gold mining. One thing I do know is which industry has had the most major impact on the environment between the ski industry and mining industry over the years I've seen these changes come along.
It's getting to be 'the good old days' are as recent as 10 years ago. I hope not to be around here in 20 years, but just speculating, if they have that warming thing and the snow quits, the pine beetles finish off the rest of the trees or somebody manages to burn the whole place down, maybe some enterprising young entrepenuer will come along and turn Summit County into the world's largest golf course. That might work.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never realized how many different furry boots women have to choose from until I went to Breckenridge hehe.
How come there isn't a man's version of furry boots, maybe a mountain man style...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions