tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevada is a beautiful desolate state. This last April my family and I went to Las Vegas for the gold show and decided to take a detour back home to Salt Lake. We went up the Extra Terrestrial Highway and made out way to the back gate of Area 51. Saw the camo dudes and the sensors and got out of there for lunch in Rachel Nevada. We coasted in to Elko on fumes LOL!! There was absolutely nothing out there!
I gave a lady a ride into Eureka once as she ran out gas about 40 miles north of there on highway 278. She was out there gathering pinõn nuts. I've been out on that terrestrial highway a few times. I've got pictures on a crashed laptop in the garage. Someday I'll see if I can get all the pictures recovered on the two broken desktops and that laptop out there in the garage. Years ago you'd see fighter jets flying low out there in no man's land, but now I only hear them high in the stratosphere. I guess they no longer need to practice low level attacks with these smart weaponry anymore?. They just pinpoint the target from far away and let em have it.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Id like to see those pictures. I meant to say Ely. I don't know where Elko came from! We didn't see anything flying around unfortunately. I did take a picture of the back gate and there was something in the sky but I don't know what it was. It could have been a smudge on the lens.

I gave a lady a ride into Eureka once as she ran out gas about 40 miles north of there on highway 278. She was out there gathering pinõn nuts. I've been out on that terrestrial highway a few times. I've got pictures on a crashed laptop in the garage. Someday I'll see if I can get all the pictures recovered on the two broken desktops and that laptop out there in the garage. Years ago you'd see fighter jets flying low out there in no man's land, but now I only hear them high in the stratosphere. I guess they no longer need to practice low level attacks with these smart weaponry anymore?. They just pinpoint the target from far away and let em have it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to see those pictures. I meant to say Ely. I don't know where Elko came from! We didn't see anything flying around unfortunately. I did take a picture of the back gate and there was something in the sky but I don't know what it was. It could have been a smudge on the lens.
Did it look anything like this?

Attachments

• IMG_20171223_070847.jpg
    IMG_20171223_070847.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 39

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was on the Black Rock desert, following the old wagon trail, and had a B-52 come over so low I ducked. I was told they were practicing flying in under the radar. This was years ago, before burning man. About half the 49er's crossed the Black Rock, and then the southern trail to Oregon also crossed the Black Rock playa, or alkali flat. One book I read about the 49er's said the wagon trail across the black rock was 5 miles wide. So many oxen would die and the stink would be so bad that they would move the trail over to avoid smell, and then it would happen all over again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread