Zoo animals BLOWN UP at Kentucky State Fair !

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
I thought that would get your attention! What a bunch of morbid rubber neckers we are! Imagine that! Poor defenseless captive animals, blown up for our entertainment. Little kids "oohing and aahing" over the spectacle, an Elephant, Ant eater, Lion, a Mother Tiger and her two cubs! A Giraffe, Hippo, Monkey, Parrot, bugs,... even the tropical plants and a waterfall.. All blown up for our entertainment. *sigh* What is this world coming to?
Thank god no one was hurt, though I do hear that one of the construction workers sprained a thumb working the gas tanks. I'm also glad that it happened in a roped off area where there weren't many people around, at first. Of course, once the animals started getting blown up, the crowds swooped in. Sheesh! What a bunch of buzzards!
Ok ok ok.. so I'm a lot of hot air.. THIS would have taken a WHOLE LOT MORE!.. that's why they were using gas tanks.. compressed air that is. The artists were amazing! Who knew you could make such creations with of all things.. balloons.. I've NEVER seen anything this elaborate with balloons before.. well there was that stripper one time.. but that's an entirely different form of art.. <grin> My wife and I snapped these pics while at the Kentucky State Fair on Saturday. An absolutely gorgeous day outside, when we set out for the fair, but while AT the fair one hell of a storm blew in and litterally blew away a great many of the outdoor exhibits and tents, not to mention the torrential downpour of rain even if only for a few minutes. Fortunately for us, we were under one of the big pavilion tents (think three ring circus tent) where some of the food vendors had their stalls set up.. their cooking gear was outside under smaller tents and tarps.. a lot of it got MOVED! The animals were all indoors though, safe and sound.. except for people trying to blow them up! <grin>

August 25th 001ac.jpg

August 25th 001c.jpg

August 25th 002c.jpg

August 25th 003c.jpg

August 25th 004c.jpg

August 25th 005c.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.. and the teaser of an intro.

<smile>

Frodov

HH ALL

Attachments

• August 25th 006c.jpg
    August 25th 006c.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 426

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I've benn meaning to catch up here. Your write up made me smile, you helped with those balloons didn't ya :D. I felt like a kid again looking at the critters, makes you want to bounce around on them. Too much fun!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen anything like this either. Really neat!!

;) RR

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is blowing talent away for sure. ::) How long do these critters live? They seem like they are just a breath away from dying. Thanks for posting.
Burdie

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
That's Kentucky for you. They were probably sitting on the front porch barefoot and smoking corn cob crack pipes and chewing oxycontin while they dreamed up these exotic animals. 8) :o

Believe me, everything you've ever heard about Kentuckians are true. ;)

Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread