No more concrete jungle for me!

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I moved 10 months ago to Joshua Tree. Been coming out here for 18 years to rock climb and more recently to prospect. Now I get to explore everyday, either climbing, dry washing or putting the coil to the soil. No more concrete jungle for me!
IMG_0195 2.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more big city, huh. I once and awhile get down to the land of the Joshua Tree. They look like Yuccas on steroids. Every now and then I will come across a Yucca bush that begins to develop a trunk like a Joshua tree around here.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's a beautiful place. You have a good eye and I really liked the composition.

Hope you don't mind, but I loved the shot and dressed it up a bit by trying to bring back the colors.

joshuatree1.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Watch out for the snakes. When I was a kid we used to go to Horse Canyon and dig for agate.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second that you should watch for snakes... one thing the concrete jungle did not have
Also let friends and family know where you are in case something happened to you thhey know where to start looking.

All joking aside safety should ALWAYS be a priority.

Good luck and enjoy Gods Country ...hope you find a ton of stuff.

3AFAF674-2BAA-4A44-BEE2-45B5AB45CD00.gif

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I moved 10 months ago to Joshua Tree. Been coming out here for 18 years to rock climb and more recently to prospect. Now I get to explore everyday, either climbing, dry washing or putting the coil to the soil. No more concrete jungle for me!
View attachment 1535468

Congrats on your move, it's all good from now on.

After living in the concrete jungle for 25yrs I know what it feels like to leave and go back to something quiet. If one is comfortable about being in the outdoors it's as safe as one's living room, never could say that about the city.

OP
OP
Dig'em

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya it's been surprisingly warm this winter. I'm always keeping an eye out. I saw two speckled rattlers this summer at one of the claims.

Attachments

• IMG_7928.jpg
    IMG_7928.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dig'em

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm always safe. Our club has a safety manager you can call and leave your info with or I let friends & family know. I'm not new thought to coming out here, been climbing here for 20 years so I know the lay of the land. Snakes I'm not too worried about, I used to spearfishwhile freediving and have seen my share of great whites... now that's scary!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread