tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this nest way out in this field last fall, so I've been keeping an eye on it as I was sure it was an eagles nest. Using the max zoom on my camera is the only way I can show you the eagle has now taken up residence in this nest that was empty when I first saw it. I can see the eagle much better with my binoculars, I'm gonna look on Google map to see if there are any roads that can maybe get me closer to this eagle nesting in this private owned field. The trees around where the nest is look like they'd be growing close to an irrigation ditch? I'm sure I'll see this adult eagle hunting for fish in the various lakes and ponds along with some red meat and bull snakes in the many prairie dog towns around this area. Wasn't long ago I saw an eagle in a prairie dog town on the ground that must have caught a little varmint. I couldn't stop for a picture of that one because of all the heavy fast moving traffic that was on my tail.

Attachments

• eagle nest 1a.jpg
    eagle nest 1a.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • eagle nest 2.jpg
    eagle nest 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Grant, maybe you can show these pics to the land owner and get permission to put up a remote camera? Could set it to take a pic every hour or 1/2-hour during daylight hours. Could that work?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Grant, maybe you can show these pics to the land owner and get permission to put up a remote camera? Could set it to take a pic every hour or 1/2-hour during daylight hours. Could that work?

That's a good idea!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just wait for an eagle to someday come to me. Not sure I wanna invested in a camera and then set out in the elements of blowing dust and snow storms.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trail cameras are designed for that. :wink:
I'll still wait. I'm pretty sure I know the little lake it'll fish and go after coots and mud hens at when things begin to thaw. It found a perfect nesting site away from everyone at 39.9402968, - 105.1140755

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions