Me in hospital

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Couple of weeks ago, I had a heart attack. For a number of reason I got an ambulance ride up to Portland, and when there, asked for a room with a view of Mount Hood. They gave me one, but it snowed and or rained every day, so never did see the mountain, through all the clouds. I ended up with three new stints in my heart, and some poor cow out in the back pasture had to give her all just for me. I now have a cow valve in my heart. Feel pretty good, no chest pain, or shortness of breath. Legs are very weak from 2 weeks in bed. You know, there aint nothing on TV. I'd turn it on for background noise and sleep a lot. Slept off at least 20 lbs. The food sucked. Heart safe and diabetes.
Don't wish that on anybody. To put in the valve, they did a bilateral in the groin. One side was to run a camera up, so the doctor could see what he was doing. :dontknow: There are some funny stories about my experience with the groin thing experience, but this is a family group, and some people might not have the same sense of humor that I do. It's not nasty, but there are some parts of me that are black and blue, which are now turning green. Now aint that a peach. Photos are me in the hospital bed, Grand Daughter brought Duke in to see me. When I had the heart attack I was at home, took a nitro, got worse, took another nitro and it got worse, pain in my jaw. I was sitting on the edge of my chair, trying to get enough air, and Duke came over and put his head on my lap. Granddaughter came and got the dog, ambulance came and got me. Some poor cow died, and while I was in the hospital the Lord took Billy Graham, and left the likes of me with the poor cows valve. The Lord works in mysterious ways, Blessed be the name of the Lord.
meHospital.jpg meDukeHospital.jpg

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad your on the mend! You loose all dignity when sick and/or in the hospital. For the past five years I've been taking care of sick relatives. Yeah, it's a little traumatizing on the other end of that spectrum, too. Laughing at it helps. It's cool they let Duke come and see you! May the Lord place His healing hand upon you.

Praying for your full recovery,
Wrightdigger

PS - Brother Graham fulfilled his mission in this world. Apparently, you've still got something to do here.

PSS - my like is for letting us know your ok.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Our prayers are with you for a quick recovery. My wife had a heart attack followed by triple bypass 10 years ago! Over the years she has had a few stints but is doing great. You take care of yourself and follow your Doctors orders! God bless my friend.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering why you dropped off the radar. You have my thoughts and prayers, so get well soon. :icon_thumleft:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
HH
dts

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers for you to be up and about soon!!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get well soon!!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
get well soon

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.. Duke will make sure of that.. GOOD LUCK and God be with you

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your feeling better, glad it all went good....

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you're still among us. Thanks for sharing your story. Get well, get up, get out.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers for a good recovery and listen to the docs, they are there for a reason. Yeah, I agree on the meals, but better than the grass the cow was eating!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad to hear you're doing well.

Just a note to the uninitiated:

Heart attacks don't always show those symptoms. The only symptom I had was a feeling in my chest that I can only describe as mimicking gas moving in the intestines and an inability to get warm, then the deep shivers that some get from hypothermia.

Get your heart checked by a good cardiology doctor,and don't let your general practioner treat you for the wrong thing. They were treating me for asthma, but I had several arteries that were completely blocked when I had my bypass surgery in 2015. If our local hospital hadn't had a visiting doctor on call in the emergency room that night who had seen my symptoms as a heart attack, I would not be here.

Bosn, get well sir!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen! Pray and hope you get to feeling better. My wife had the same procedure for an ablation last month. Now get better. :thumbsup:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are on the mend! My dad had a cow valve put in 5 years ago and is doing great.
My brother had a heart attack and quadruple bypass three years ago. His biggest trouble to date is controlling his diabetes.
They can do some wonderful things to keep us going nowadays as long as we do our part. I wish you the best of luck in a speedy recovery.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lord is keeping you around for a reason. I’m glad you’re feeling better and hope you’re out of there soon my friend. I’ll be sure and say a prayer for you tonight!! Take care and keep us updated on your condition!!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't give your thread a "like" Bosn cuz I hate seeing you in the hospital. Hope you have great recovery, and really happy you're still with us.
Jim

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a quadruple bypass and you look good after your surgery. Oh yes the food is terrible .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread