tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This last week I went to northern Nevada. These are some I took along the way out and back. The 2nd picture is what's left of the original grade of the transcontinental railroad as it heads north to a little town of Montello, NV and then it went over the north shore of the Great Salt lake. Today the main line runs across the south shore of the lake. The week before last, I80 Nevada was closed due to the snow and I cancelled my planes to go then. The weather turned out okay this week, other than the high winds in Wyoming. I got me a ticket from the NVHP around Battle Mountain, NV on I80 for talking on my phone while driving. I now have to pay $115.00 to the state of Nevada before April 9th. I gotta get me a hands free head set, like those professional OTR drivers use. I guess I won't do that again. :BangHead:

Attachments

• trip 030918 1.jpg
    trip 030918 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
  • trip 030918 2.jpg
    trip 030918 2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 60
  • trip 030918 3.jpg
    trip 030918 3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 47
  • trip 030918 4.jpg
    trip 030918 4.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
  • trip 030918 5.jpg
    trip 030918 5.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 74
  • trip 030918 6.jpg
    trip 030918 6.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When I lived in Nevada, during the last century, there was no speed limit, and no hen house rules. That all changed with Jimmy Carter and the 55mph speed limit. I remember getting a ticket in Dayton. Town cop got me. There was only one stop sign, and that was a speed trap. My ticket was for doing a California stop. East of Dayton I recall a long straight away, and I was doing 85. NHP pulled out around me and dissappeared off into the distance.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those wide, open spaces. 😁

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I lived in Nevada, during the last century, there was no speed limit, and no hen house rules. That all changed with Jimmy Carter and the 55mph speed limit. I remember getting a ticket in Dayton. Town cop got me. There was only one stop sign, and that was a speed trap. My ticket was for doing a California stop. East of Dayton I recall a long straight away, and I was doing 85. NHP pulled out around me and dissappeared off into the distance.
I hitchhiked across I-80 in around 1975 on my way to California. It was then the end of unrestricted speed limit I believe. I was dropped off around 10: PM in Golconda. I went into this bar called the Waterhole and what all transpired from the time my long-haired ass, walked into that door that night turned out to be an event in my life I'll never forget. Little did I know I'd be driving by that place again and again 20 years later on my way to a gold mine call Turquoise Ridge that I've doing business with since the mid-1990s. That bar is closed now, but maybe 10 year's ago it was still open. I went to look inside and it still looked as it did with the same pool table and dimly-lit bar as it did that summer night, back in 1975.

Attachments

• IMG_20180311_055449.jpg
    IMG_20180311_055449.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 47

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful photography! :hello2:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I hitchhiked across I-80 in around 1975 on my way to California. It was then the end of unrestricted speed limit I believe. I was dropped off around 10: PM in Golconda. I went into this bar called the Waterhole and what all transpired from the time my long-haired ass, walked into that door that night turned out to be an event in my life I'll never forget. Little did I know I'd be driving by that place again and again 20 years later on my way to a gold mine call Turquoise Ridge that I've doing business with since the mid-1990s. That bar is closed now, but maybe 10 year's ago it was still open. I went to look inside and it still looked as it did with the same pool table and dimly-lit bar as it did that summer night, back in 1975.

You going to tell us what happened or leave us hanging? :laughing9:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You going to tell us what happened or leave us hanging? :laughing9:
It's a long story and a night I'll not forget, so I'll just keep it to myself. People out there were pretty rough, rowdy and packing back then. When I went in that bar maybe 10 years ago, I could still recall where the pool of blood was on the floor between the bar in the pool table. I didn't fall asleep that night and did get a ride to Lovelock, Nevada just as the sun was coming up the next day. From there an old fella from Helena, Montana who lost 3 fingers on a drill derrick, took me all the way to Hayward, California. Boy was that ever a ride. The CHP in the bay area stopped him 2 times for going to slow and other motorists were yelling and shaking their fists at the poor old guy. We definitely look like a couple of Okies in all that hustle and bustle. I was only 19 back then, but could grow a full beard and I altered my selective service card to make me 21 years old. I got a job with a place called R & S doors, that fixed and sold garage doors and rolling steel doors. We went all over San Francisco and Oakland everyday fixing broken doors, back then.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yup, Bosn, got me for $207 at Eureka a few years ago. Sudden change in speed limit right at the top of the hill coming in from the west. Cop sitting at the sheriff's station at the bottom of the hill. Obvious speed trap. Unless you slammed on the brakes, they had you.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread