tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live there's a big open space behind my house I can walk the dogs. It's pretty nice that the county set it aside for that, as things are getting pretty built-up around here now and it's a great place to take the dogs out. I would like to let these mut's run free, but Ollie the bigger dog my wife picked up as a puppy, grew up to be a complete narrow minded renegade and thinks he want's to go be the boss dog to the coyotes around and Bella doesn't stay close off the leash and I'm real sure she can't get away from any danger that she would encounter. There always something to see out there in the way of wild creatures. In this flowered bush (circled) I saw this robin on the wrong side of the sun, but zooming in close will improve the image and knock out the suns glare some, which I took with one hand on the camera and the other hanging on to two dogs who just wanna keep moving. The rains we've had will create a nice little place for the ducks and other water loving birds to hang out and you can hear the sound of many seasonal frog in this little wetland that will dry up in around 3 months, pending rainfall. There's also a cattail marsh for the red wing back birds to bring up their next generation, but there is also a little grove of trees next to it, that some hawks and falcons will sit in and dive down and ambush these red wing black birds and their young when they first clime up to the tops of the cattails. I've enjoyed and observed the seasonal cycle of this place for about 29 years now and there's always something going on out there that isn't apart of all the urban sprawl and massive growth going on everywhere else around it.

Attachments

• walk 042618 1A.jpg
    walk 042618 1A.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
  • walk 042618 2.jpg
    walk 042618 2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
  • walk 042618 3.jpg
    walk 042618 3.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 54
  • walk 042618 4.jpg
    walk 042618 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • walk 042618 5.jpg
    walk 042618 5.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
  • walk 042618 6.jpg
    walk 042618 6.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 61

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I like that close up of the robin. And I read a tip in there. Good to know. Looks like your dogs love it out there.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's pretty much what they live for. I've found subject in low light can improve by getting in closer and the closer the better, other than the image quality isn't as good as it is with more direct light and sometimes too much light ruins the image. I've found higher partly cloudy skies in around the time the sun is high in the sky offer the best conditions. At least with my camera I believe that's the situation.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Birds & country.

How many 'X' Zoom does your camera get?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a cool shot of that Red Wing. What better place than the open to walk Ollie and Bella,best place to be.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool shot of that Red Wing. What better place than the open to walk Ollie and Bella,best place to be.

GOD Bless

Chris
We went to the dog park nearby also, but they would rather be just us three more than running free with all the other dogs. I think those tiny particles on the backside of the lens in my camera are causing them to show up in the pictures. Maybe time to look for a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread