WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
While I was out Wednesday, I also practiced getting some bird shots. I started out using the bird watching setting in single mode. I really have a hard time holding the camera still while I take the photo. It's pretty obvious. The 2nd pic, I don't know what he is, but I thought he was cute. I wish I had a better shot. When I tried to move, he flew away.

View attachment bird1.JPG

View attachment bird2.jpg

View attachment bird3.jpg

View attachment bird4.jpg

View attachment bird5.jpg

Then I switched over to the continuous setting. I'm glad I did. I was in for a show. Mr. Wrightdigger came out to spray the yard. Mrs. Killdeer didn't like it. She was squawking and screeching at him and trying her best to lead him away from her nest. It was quite comical and I was laughing hard by the end of it.

View attachment bird6.jpg Hey I am over here!

bird7.JPG Oh she's wounded and in distress!

bird8.JPG Dang it! Get away from my nest!

View attachment bird9.jpg Don't make me come back over there!

bird10.JPG Don't you ever come near my nest again!

There are four eggs in that nest. They are in the rocks and blend right in. Maybe I will be able to get a pic this weekend.

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
How far away from that killdeer Sis? I've never used the bird watching mode.

GOD Bless

Chrsi

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! You challenge me with the distance questions. I'm guessing 40-50 feet for the first four pics and 100 for the last one.

~Sis

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! You challenge me with the distance questions. I'm guessing 40-50 feet for the first four pics and 100 for the last one.

~Sis

If you would,please take a pic of something about 40 feet away,a shoe,a dirty sock,you know,Kai the sausage with legs,whatever is available.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like kildeer . . . but it kinda freaks me out when they get desperate trying to shoo me away from their nest

wild1.jpg

JK

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
If you would,please take a pic of something about 40 feet away,a shoe,a dirty sock,you know,Kai the sausage with legs,whatever is available.

LOL! I'll work on it. Mr. Wrightdigger made me pick up rocks today.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, Sis! I love birds too. In SE Louisiana, these birds are starting off here in the swamps. About 10 years ago when I first spotted them, had no clue to what they were. I have a bird guide & found in there, but the photo was just a drawing. Had to google the name, LSU was doing a research, so I filled out the info. They came out to study them.

These are my photos but will get another off the www so you can see it better. IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0321.JPG They're called "swallow tailed kite" https://www.google.com/search?q=swa...-e_aAhVn9YMKHeXXCm4Q_AUICigB&biw=1401&bih=628

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics, Sis! I love birds too. In SE Louisiana, these birds are starting off here in the swamps. About 10 years ago when I first spotted them, had no clue to what they were. I have a bird guide & found in there, but the photo was just a drawing. Had to google the name, LSU was doing a research, so I filled out the info. They came out to study them.

These are my photos but will get another off the www so you can see it better. View attachment 1586710 View attachment 1586711 They're called "swallow tailed kite" https://www.google.com/search?q=swa...-e_aAhVn9YMKHeXXCm4Q_AUICigB&biw=1401&bih=628

Wow. That's cool. Ooh. It's a raptor. Pretty elegant looking, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread