Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just kinda scouting out the country down in Park County. Thought this truck was kinda funny, cause where I took the pic from is wide enough to turn a semi around. Been there a while, and I couldn't find anybody around in any direction. This is kinda remote and not a whole lot of traffic this time of year, so maybe by the time they walked to help they had sobered up.

Attachments

• 5-7a.jpg
    5-7a.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 45
  • 5-7b.jpg
    5-7b.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 5-7c.jpg
    5-7c.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 46
  • 5-7d.jpg
    5-7d.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 49
  • 5-7e.jpg
    5-7e.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 43

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Appreciate you posting pics of your wanderings. Beautiful high country. I am happy to see beavers are still around. And...love the truck parking. Got a good chuckle out of that. Great shots!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I lived up around there I read in one of those Lost Treasure magazine's that the old mining town logger's didn't partake in the rowdy ways of drinking and blowing their money like the miners did. The story when on to say these logger's very often saved thier money in the way of $2.50 and $5.00 gold pieces and stashed them away in old tin cans or some secret location. Many of the mine prop timbers used in the Leadville district came from the logging camps up on Weston. I had bought me a Garrett detector from Doc Holiday in Salida and gone looking for those old logging camps sites, but never found more then old tin cans and junk. I do believe there are old maps that show the location of these past logging camps in the area, because they were big enough to have a post office. They had to be quite large logging operations with all the timber those mines needed back in the boom days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread