WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I was moving rocks today and uncovered this little guy/girl. I can't tell. Pretty nice size. And it didn't want to move out of the way.

Toad 1.JPG

Toad 2.JPG

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a rare Akron guard toad. They watch over gold hoards..... grin...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Toads are cool...but I don't pick 'em up either..:laughing7:

Not sure what your camera metered the light off of, but
for some reason the image was overexposed quite a bit.

Made a few adjustments..

Toad 1-2.jpg

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be a rare Akron guard toad. They watch over gold hoards..... grin...

LOL! Noooo... I'm too far southwest for it to be and Akron Toad guarding gold hoards. Closer to the Gem City so it probably guards all the rubies and diamonds and saphires, etc. LOL! :laughing9:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Toads are cool...but I don't pick 'em up either..:laughing7:

Not sure what your camera metered the light off of, but
for some reason the image was overexposed quite a bit.

Made a few adjustments..

View attachment 1590043

I did a bit of adjustment too Sis.

View attachment 1590059

GOD Bless

Chris

Thank you, gentleman. The only way I am going to learn is to keep experimenting. So here are three of mine to compare to what you all did.

DSCN2065.JPG Original Photo

Toad 1.JPG What I Posted

Toad 1 redo.JPG As dark as I could figure out how to make it.

I'll keep messing around with it later. G2G. Ball games to get to. Thanks again!

~Sis

Edit: Ah, I just noticed that Dizzy got rid of some of the bright rock. Ah ha.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't have as many as we used to, although it could be because I'm not outside as much to see them. When my girls were younger, they would sit out on the driveway when the toads were coming out and singing. All they had to do to catch a toad was stick their hand out with a fist lying on the ground and an amorous male would come up to their hand and realize he needed glasses. I was letting them goof off, and next thing I know there are 20 toads running round the living room carpet! One poor little one got left inside for a full day and finally came out from under the couch and I put it outside.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We don't have as many as we used to, although it could be because I'm not outside as much to see them. When my girls were younger, they would sit out on the driveway when the toads were coming out and singing. All they had to do to catch a toad was stick their hand out with a fist lying on the ground and an amorous male would come up to their hand and realize he needed glasses. I was letting them goof off, and next thing I know there are 20 toads running round the living room carpet! One poor little one got left inside for a full day and finally came out from under the couch and I put it outside.

Ha Ha Ha! That's funny!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And 100% true. I "allowed" my daughters to "catch" the biggest garter snake I had ever seen once. Snake had a big toad that lived under the step and wouldn't give it up. Kids prodded it one too many times with a stick. (The snake was not injured.) The snake let go of the toad and proceeded to chase both kids and the cat right up the 5 steps leading to the door of the house and in it. At which point the snake sees me and decides I is real ugly! The snake turns and heads back down the steps with the kids and cat on it's tail now! I is still real ugly! Scary to snakes! Fortunately they didn't catch it.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

When I was a kid in Fla. my Mom was folding the laundry one day and smelled a bad stink,heh..a toad in my pocket.:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't smell or lick them. :laughing7: I HAVE done a lot of slow swerves when they're out to miss them in the road. Lots of them. Lots of lots.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You two have got me cracking up!

I was driving up a winding river road when I was like 17. I came upon hundreds of toads. No warning and nowhere to swerve to get out of them. It was gross. I could hear and feel them pop under the tires. Not so funny.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's mainly a spring and fall thing. On the back roads here, if you were to see me drive you'd swear I was drunk. The roads are desolate at night and so small there are no center lines. I go left, right, no, right again, left, farther left. The whole nine yards.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol! Same kind of road here with sharp S-curves. I decided to do like I would a band aid... go fast and get it over with!

What would you have said if you got pulled over? Ha ha ha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread