tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Ouray Colorado yesterday and came home last night. It's amazing how the popular tourist town of Ouray was not seeing the tourist as they should this time of year from the closing of hwy 550, due to a forest fire. There was a real lack of snowfall in the San Juan's this last winter and it is dry, dry, dry in the alpine. That is not good at all. These are a few roadside scenes I took going there and back. I really didn't see a whole lot of wildlife, but did see a mule deer buck moving along a hillside, as I do stop a lot to relieve myself these days due to the elderly physical conditions I'm now experiencing, plus I do drink a lot of water when I'm driving. At least it makes me get out more for a look around. In my last photo I'm coming up to a place called Hayden Flats and a view of Colorado's tallest peaks call Mt Elbert and Mt Massive. The evening sky was spectacular and I found a place to park and walk to the other side of the road to get what I thought was under the view of those no good power lines, that I wish like hell someone with the power would say let move these lines to the other side of the road. Thinking I got a clear picture w/o the pw's I didn't notice them in the shot after I reviewed it. This morning I downloaded the pictures to my laptop and what, what whaaaaat :icon_scratch: those sons of you know what power lines made their way into my beautiful moment.:BangHead: That ain't the first time I've looked at this view and wished those dang things were out of sight. IMO those power lines along this stretch of hwy 24 really ruin a real treasure of these rocky mountains for those who drive along this stretch.

Attachments

• trip 051218 1.jpg
    trip 051218 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • trip 051218 2.jpg
    trip 051218 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • trip 051218 3.jpg
    trip 051218 3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • trip 051218 4.jpg
    trip 051218 4.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
  • trip 051218 5.jpg
    trip 051218 5.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • trip 051218 6.jpg
    trip 051218 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread