tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took this on my way home going through Wyoming as I pulled off eastbound I80 for a pit stop. It's so peaceful and quiet hear, but within 2 more hours I'll be on the hectic run down southbound I25 from Cheyenne to home and boy was it ever hectic on the Colorado front range, last Friday afternoon as it always is. Bumper to bumper at 80 miles an hour is the norm on that stretch of road and there was a 10 mile long line of vehicles going north hardly moving at all as the weekenders were heading out of town.

Attachments

• trip 072018 1.jpg
    trip 072018 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat looking place. How old do you suppose it is?
You gave me something to research this morning. There's nothing around this old ranch that tells you anything about it, but knowing where it is I was able to find some information on this marvelous world wide web we have these days. It's known as the Bath Brothers Ranch and this stone house was said to be constructed in 1875. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.historicwyoming.org/profiles/bath-stone-ranch?format=amp

Last edited:

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
You gave me something to research this morning. There's nothing around this old ranch that tells you anything about it, but knowing where it is I was able to find some information on this marvelous world wide web we have these days. It's known as the Bath Brothers Ranch and this stone house was said to be constructed in 1875. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.historicwyoming.org/profiles/bath-stone-ranch?format=amp
Very interesting...I've made that same pit stop a few times. Almost took a picture, but never did.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting...I've made that same pit stop a few times. Almost took a picture, but never did.
I guess now I'm gonna expect a good photo from you Ron on your next I80 Wyoming run. I've always admired that old house. Might be a good winter shot?

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s so nice I would make it about a 16x20, frame it and hang it on the wall. Nice research. Great looking photo. Congrats

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I guess now I'm gonna expect a good photo from you Ron on your next I80 Wyoming run. I've always admired that old house. Might be a good winter shot?
Don't know when I'll ever make it back there again...I have my parents who are both in poor health living with me now, so not driving truck anymore.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know when I'll ever make it back there again...I have my parents who are both in poor health living with me now, so not driving truck anymore.
Yeah professional driving can allow you time for that. Sorry to hear that about your folks. Me and my sister moved our mother in to assisted living recently and it's pretty heartbreaking at times seeing all that old age can throw at you. I wish them well along with all you'll be dealing with.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's why I love the rural state I live in. But darn it gets hot.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great shot Grant...well composed. Bet it would look
nice printed on canvas or metal..:thumbsup:

Like Ron, I've run Hwy 287 over to Ft. Collins numerous times,
and it's always a gorgeous drive. Hitting the traffic in Ft. Collins..
...well, that's another thing entirely..lol

Ron, sorry to hear about your parents. Both of mine have been
gone for many years, and always wish I'd had more time to
spend with them. Enjoy them while you can...the big road
will still be there when (if) you're ever ready to go back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread