Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nasty, rainy morning. Had to be careful to get this pic of a juvenile cardinal. Look like he was enjoying the rain about as much as I was, at least I could take the pic from behind the wheel before I left home.

I_Hate_Rain.jpg

No incidents on the way in, but once inside the store I found our "greeter" wasn't in a good mood. As soon as he/she (not sure) saw me it started running in my direction. When I stopped he/she did too.

He/she turned when I was still for a minute, apparently looking for anyone else who wanted a piece of this --- so I took a pic.

Greeter.jpg

For scale, the greeter is even with the front of the blue couch. The bottom of the couch is about 7" above the floor in this pic.

Greeter_2.jpg

Shortly after taking this pic, I had to fire this one. Wish I'd had a Morgan to lay next to the carcass because the greeter was bigger around than a Morgan Dollar.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bird pictured is an adult male cardinal. Note the red-orange bill (not blackish). The bird is soaking wet, making it look dull and gray. The picture shows how water runs downhill, the top half is more red (drier) than the lower than the half (wetter).

Down here we have Green Jays (looks more like a parrot than a jay) and when they are soaking wet they look brown. They fool a like of people when wet.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bruhahaha! I love how you named the cardinal pic! It is so appropriate!
Was the greeter a wolf spider? Or what?

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bruhahaha! I love how you named the cardinal pic! It is so appropriate!
Was the greeter a wolf spider? Or what?

Yes an aggressive wolf spider. I've never seen a passive one.

I have killed larger ones in the computer room at work --- like the one that was trying to crawl across the ceiling but fell ... and I heard it hit the floor. It was much bigger than this one, but I think it was a wolf spider too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread