WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope everyone had a Blessed Thanksgiving! We went up to Lake Erie over the holiday and the following week. We spent 11 days trying to win a fishing tournament. Mr WD tried to pamper me a little by booking us a room in a resort instead of the small fisherman hotel that everyone else uses. It was a very upscale place and the other guests were more prim and proper than us. LOL! We unpacked and met some friends at a really good restaurant called the Angry Bull. I highly recommend it if you are up in Huron, Oh. Any way, we came back to the room and got pjs on and I was playing on my kindle. I decided to climb in bed and sat there for a few. Next thing I see this bug race across my kindle! You guessed it! We had bedbugs in the room!! I could not believe it! So much for staying at a high end resort! They did relocate us to a clean room and gave us one night free on our stay.
They had a Thanksgiving buffet that we went to. It was $35.00 a person. IMO it was way over priced. It wasn't that great, but, oh well, I didn't have to cook it! Ha ha!

My first day of fishing didn't start off well. Funny story, I slipped on the ice on the ramp and almost ended up in the lake. MR Wd was in the boat and couldn’t help. His friend was in the truck. He asked where I was because I disappeared and I hollered, “Down here! Help! Help!” This other young man and our friend had to each grab an arm and pull me back up the ramp. Now I’m the laughing story all over the lake! I caught 10-12 fish. MR Wd has a learning curve with my camera so he missed a couple. One was a big small mouth bass! And his friend had to be trained to keep the fish until after the photo! Everyday they let me reel in every fish in hopes that I would get a big one and get on the board in the tournament. We fished out of Huron, Lorain, and Cleveland.

DSCN7800.JPG Lorain Lighthouse

View attachment 1657437 Shawn and I with the first fish.

View attachment 1657438 Ooh getting bigger.

DSCN7815.JPG

DSCN7821.JPG Cleveland

DSCN8006.JPG DSCN8023.JPG The "Jenga" wall, a man made break wall at Cleveland.

DSCN7825.JPG It is not without it's dangers!

DSCN7920.JPG

DSCN7924.JPG

DSCN7989.JPG

Where the birds are, the bait is. Where the bait is, the fish are.

DSCN8024.JPG

DSCN8030.JPG

DSCN8037.JPG This one swallowed the lure!

View attachment 1657450

DSCN8049.JPG It ended up bleeding out and we had to give it to one of our friends to clean. We were not keeping any fish (put them back and let them grow).

View attachment 1657452 Mr WD and me with my two big fish for the day. They were not even close to being big enough!

Then a front came through and we were grounded for a couple days. Heh heh, I thought it was cold before, heh heh.

DSCN8058.JPG

DSCN8063.JPG

DSCN8065.JPG

DSCN8066.JPG

View attachment 1657457 This is MR Wd and his friend Shawn. By this time my arms are so sore from doing all the reeling for days. We had caught a lot of fish. Shawn tried to hand me the pole for this fish and I said, "Just catch the :censored: fish!" It was a nice one, but not big enough.

So, the last day was too sporty for me to go out. I went to the local DG mall and spied this:

DSCN8073.JPG Bought it for mself! I am a little smitten with anything piratey! HAR HAR HAR!

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I really like the pics of the birds flying in the evening, the pic with the magenta tint --- glad you're having a fun trip.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You caught some nice walleye, but wow, that's raw weather fishing. Dedication! Thanks for sharing your trip.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful photos...thank you for sharing!:occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks real cold. You got some good size fish. I like the photo of Cleveland in the background. Thanks for sharing.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You and the Mr. ready for ice fishing yet? L.o.l..

Bed bugs. Expensive food...
Nothing like travel , to make the lights of home look more dear....

Congrats on the fish. And the adventure!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a fishing trip. Super nice walleye.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post looks like you had a good time and were popular also Thanks for the cool pics too

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots. Tournament fished for bass for 10 years. It was like a job. You guys had a great trip and had fish on. Life is good. In the winter we wore our full coverage motorcycle helmets because of the cold and doing 90 mph across that cold hard water.
Thanks for sharing.Have never seen a break wall like that. Very cool!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You caught some nice walleye, but wow, that's raw weather fishing. Dedication! Thanks for sharing your trip.

Thank you, Kray! I really wanted to catch the big one. The grand prize was worth $100K, second was worth $44K, which would have been great to split with our friend. But, the real drive for me was that I wanted to post my winning pic on blak bart's fish pic thread! I wanted to make those fisherman proud! LOL! I think I have an official Tnet addiction!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks real cold. You got some good size fish. I like the photo of Cleveland in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Hawks88! I wish the skies would have cooperated a little better. I like city scapes.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That's quite a fishing trip. Super nice walleye.

Thanks, tamrock. I caught one this spring that was 31.25" long and 11.25 lbs. That would still not have been big enough to win this tournament, but I would have gotten my pic taken and would have gotten on the board for a couple days, if I would have caught one as big as this:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post looks like you had a good time and were popular also Thanks for the cool pics too

Thanks, A2. You live so much closer to this lake than I do. You should research the tournaments Michigan has and get in on the fun!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great shots. Tournament fished for bass for 10 years. It was like a job. You guys had a great trip and had fish on. Life is good. In the winter we wore our full coverage motorcycle helmets because of the cold and doing 90 mph across that cold hard water.
Thanks for sharing.Have never seen a break wall like that. Very cool!

My husband has been tournament walleye fishing for 15-20 years. IDK, I have lost track. This one was just a Big Fish tourney, so there was no set time to get out in the morning or cut off time. I don't think it is nearly as stressful. The helmets sounds like a good idea! We trailered the boat to different locations because of the cold. Thank you, Tnmountains!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures! It's only December 5th, so the real cold hasn't even started yet!

I lived in Madison and worked at the Perry nuke plant 3 times for a total of 10 years there.

It's warmer down here in Southern Virginia :)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You and the Mr. ready for ice fishing yet? L.o.l..

Bed bugs. Expensive food...
Nothing like travel , to make the lights of home look more dear....

Congrats on the fish. And the adventure!

Dang! I’m sorry, releventchair, I totally missed your post! You are right, there’s no place like home! I hope to be somewhere warmer this year when that lake is frozen over. LOL! Thank you, rc!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures! It's only December 5th, so the real cold hasn't even started yet!

I lived in Madison and worked at the Perry nuke plant 3 times for a total of 10 years there.

It's warmer down here in Southern Virginia :)

oh boy, don’t I know it! I bet you don’t miss this Ohio weather at all!
Thank you, DeepseekerADS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread