Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! And nice use of thirds, btw. 😁

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another nice pic, Grant! Great-looking Redtail.
Jim

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice pic, Grant! Great-looking Redtail.
Jim
A young couple came walking by when I was talking the pictures and asked what is that?. The guy said it seemed to big to be a falcon. I did tell them it's a red tail. We've got a lot of red tail hawks around here, thanks to all the prairie dog colonies in dang near every piece of vacant ground and cottontails in every yard. I wish I'd a got shot of this one ripping to pieces a prairie dog in a small colony, as all the others stood there watching their kin be devoured, but it was in traffic and no place to pull over. These red tails I'd say are around 3/4 the size of an eagle and their numbers are really strong. Who knows there could be more in this area than before they built and developed everything? Seems to me there is. Some things I don't see any more are these small lizards and these little ground squirrels called the thirteen lined ground squirrel. I guess things didn't work out for them with all the new development that's taken place in recent years.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A young couple came walking by when I was talking the pictures and asked what is that?. The guy said it seemed to big to be a falcon. I did tell them it's a red tail. We've got a lot of red tail hawks around here, thanks to all the prairie dog colonies in dang near every piece of vacant ground and cottontails in every yard. I wish I'd a got shot of this one ripping to pieces a prairie dog in a small colony, as all the others stood there watching their kin be devoured, but it was in traffic and no place to pull over. These red tails I'd say are around 3/4 the size of an eagle and their numbers are really strong. Who knows there could be more in this area than before they built and developed everything? Seems to me there is. Some things I don't see any more are these small lizards and these little ground squirrels called the thirteen lined ground squirrel. I guess things didn't work out for them with all the new development that's taken place in recent years.

He struck again..

K1600_DSCN2451.JPG

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! And nice use of thirds, btw. ��
That was the only off center I tried and I thought it was the better of the few I took before it flew off. Also by accident I switched the setting to a wide angle. I'm not sure how it does that, but it happens when I'm using the zooming button somehow. I was however doing it all one handed, as I was hanging on to two dogs with my left. It's must easier taking pictures without out them.

Last edited:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice photo of the hawk in his World. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread