tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He'd be the one in the middle. I saw a total of five together and these 3 stopped for a minute and waited for the other two to catch up and then they all moved on further out of sight over a low hill. The one laying down had a limp, so it was injured somehow?. They might be pretty hungry as the prairie dogs weren't out, because of the cold. Gonna be another long cold night for these coyote.

Attachments

• walk 020919 1 coyote.jpg
    walk 020919 1 coyote.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Just saw 2 this morning in my field...one laying down and the other larger one (Standing Guard?) staring at the one laying down from 30 yards away... no pics. I spooked them...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye!! Hope you get shed of that freeze soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
They're pairing off around here for mating season.

Limper could have had a variety of things happen , but trapping is about the best way to reduce their numbers.
Which is usually a losing or stalemate battle as they respond to persecution by increasing numbers where habitat/food allows when pressured by kills.
Being they will eat most anything when survival is threatened....They adapt.
Even cow poop can keep em goin a while if need be.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're pairing off around here for mating season.

Limper could have had a variety of things happen , but trapping is about the best way to reduce their numbers.
Which is usually a losing or stalemate battle as they respond to persecution by increasing numbers where habitat/food allows when pressured by kills.
Being they will eat most anything when survival is threatened....They adapt.
Even cow poop can keep em goin a while if need be.
They are indeed true surviving opportunist. I see dung full of nothing but Russian olive seeds in the fall. Because they don't eradicate prairie dogs around here in varmint loving Boulder County these vermin are doing pretty well. They've pretty much have run all the fox out of the area, which is sad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread