Road closed? But I got a JEEP!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It says the road is closed. But I got a JEEP!
Closed.JPG

Signal Rd, Near Burro Creek AZ has several washes that cross it and flow with water when it snows or rains but this ain't bad... I GOT A JEEP!!
Small creek.JPG
No problema.

Most cars must heed this warning but I GOT A JEEP!!!!
Do not enter.JPG

Ha! Maybe a Subaru has to turn around but not my JEEP!

BUT I GOT A JEEP!!!!!!!

OOPS!!!
TTC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all ya Need is a Life Jacket :coffee2:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Terry, Keep On Jeepin!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good call on that last spot. That was many feet deep. Y'all got some water this year! The desert's gonna bloom for sure!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kray, Just below where I stood at that CLIFF is 4 feet deep or deeper! The RIVER is about 50 yards across. That's a lot of water! Yarnell, at 4800 feet, had 21 inches of snow recently. All that snowmelt is coming down out of the mountains.

I could not cross Burro Creek because it was 7 feet deep here.
DSC00536.JPG

Camped here is Scott Butcher from Fairplay CO.
DSC00538.JPG

He told me the creek was up 5 to 7 feet HIGHER last week! I have crossed here on many other occasions and never saw water here. It will probably be dry again in only two weeks. TTC

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
You wanna borrow mine?...lol
greenjeepwranglertj-l-bfddfca4ddcc0179.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
heck yea Lairmo:laughing7:

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last week I was wading and found a car chassis buried mostly under the sand, now I know at least one way it may have gotten there.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE JEEP, Lairmo!

The water depth in the video above came up almost to the door.
deep.JPG

CAUTION: ANYONE that fools with the water in these washes MUST be prepared to suffer the monetary loss or possible loss of life that may result from the flagrant disregard for officially posted signage! I got away with this one. I was once young and foolish now ..... I'm just old and foolish! TTC

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
In my first Jeep...(back in the day)...(young guys left a strip club)...and the "driver" was dared.... all the sudden the water was coming in the bottom of my door..jeep moved about 15 feet and stopped...then started sinking..opened both doors and let the river flow through. Water was up to the middle of the steering wheel before help arrived. Actually got it pulled out and made it almost 40 miles (backroads) home. lol Best part was when a dead carp floated into my passed-out friend in the passenger seat. He woke up long enough to push the fish away from his face and passed out again...:tongue3: There's a lot more to the story but you get the idea...lol

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my first Jeep...(back in the day)...(young guys left a strip club)...and the "driver" was dared.... all the sudden the water was coming in the bottom of my door..jeep moved about 15 feet and stopped...then started sinking..opened both doors and let the river flow through. Water was up to the middle of the steering wheel before help arrived. Actually got it pulled out and made it almost 40 miles (backroads) home. lol Best part was when a dead carp floated into my passed-out friend in the passenger seat. He woke up long enough to push the fish away from his face and passed out again...:tongue3: There's a lot more to the story but you get the idea...lol
Don't WANNA hear the rest of the story! Those days are over for me..... passenger seat, that is. Dares MAY still be accepted. TTC

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure love the jeep! Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If I only had a dime for everytime that happened to me....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread