Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My old EOS is just flat worn out and the manual focus is a bit off, but I hate shooting in full auto with my Nikon L340, so thought I would try a bit of a focus merge using the tripod and the EOS.

Lined up the shot I wanted and did a best guess for 6 exposures hoping to focus on 6 different planes. Here's what I got:

MarigoldsArrived.jpg

Affinity photo will do automatic "focus stacking" of RAW or JPG (as well as any other format image) bursts. Not a bad price for a program that has people leaving Photoshop in favor of a $49.00 one time purchase.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The photo tools I use a pretty simple. One is an old Kodak system I believe is maybe 20 plus years old now and the other is when I transfer the pictures via email to my smartphone, which I got in 2014. My girls were over this last weekend and telling me it's time for me to get a new phone. I just never feel the need to get anything new if what I have still works or could be fixed. I would however like to maybe learn how to use better cameras and high-tech photo software sometime, but it's not really a top priority at this time. I guess I'm just not the kidda person who's eager to learn new things all that well.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The photo tools I use a pretty simple. One is an old Kodak system I believe is maybe 20 plus years old now and the other is when I transfer the pictures via email to my smartphone, which I got in 2014. My girls were over this last weekend and telling me it's time for me to get a new phone. I just never feel the need to get anything new if what I have still works or could be fixed. I would however like to maybe learn how to use better cameras and high-tech photo software sometime, but it's not really a top priority at this time. I guess I'm just not the kidda person who's eager to learn new things all that well.

I'm hoping to retire later this year and need something to fill up the time --- and maybe supplement my SS income. I'm probably going to expand my webdesign business then and may delve into product photography. I did the portrait photography thing in my early 20's but had to rely on someone else to do the finished prints. May go back to that now that I can have total control.

Just gotta keep hitting the pawn shops and online communities until I find a serviceable camera to get me going.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photo! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, I don’t understand what you did, but it looks good! :hello2:

I placed the camera on a tripod, then focused the lens on the farthest point from the lens that I wanted in focus and took a picture. Then I moved the focus to the next area I wanted in focus and took another picture. I did this a for a total of six images (6 points I wanted in focus) and then imported those images into Affinity Photo as a "focus merge". The software then merged the six images into one image.

I planned the shots, took them, and the software merged them. may do a few more if my schedule and the weather will cooperate. Would really like to be able to do this with some of those roses at Centennial Park.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread