Yuba River Gold/Party

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Boy, did I get lucky! We all know how hard it is to gain access to good hunting,detecting,mining areas but to me I hit the jackpot. A non mining friend invited my wife and I to a party on the river. The invite said bring your fishing poles and gold pans.I was on it! I brought pans, sluceboxes,gasvac, and hand tools. I was going at it hard until my vacumn broke down. I got good rough flakes ,but ran only 1 1/2 buckets when I quite. It was time for the party part. I'm trying to get the owner to let me back when I'm better prepared. You can drive right down to the shore. I'm getting old!

Attachments

• Picture 902.jpg
    Picture 902.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 429
  • Picture 901.jpg
    Picture 901.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Picture 889.jpg
    Picture 889.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 380

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like a 'good spot', I hope to get to pan
out that way sometime.

Fossis..............

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thanks for the pictures!

That looks like a great spot for a party, fishing, panning, or just enjoying nature!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Post pictures of the gold! ;D

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Packerbacker, thats Englebright dam. I've jetboated above colgate powerhouse(dangerous water flows) and worked at Parksbar bridge, but this spot looks fantastic! It's right where deercreek enters the Yuba, and both waterways are exellent gold bearing gravels.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Bigfish 31…..I was in there about 30 years ago….Your photo’s bring back a bunch of good memeroies…Thank you…Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread