pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray, I think your work is incredible. I must admit that shot with the street lights is fascinating to look at. I would think that you had to have got into some awkward positions to get shots like that. I once was walking down the road when I saw a chap who was acting very strange like he was having a fit..... he was laying on the sidewalk in the most unusual of positions trying to line up the trees down the street He told me he was trying to get the trees to look like they were going into infinity getting smaller and smaller from a certain angle. But at the same time, to get the street lights to do something else..... Well I guess if you need to get a certain shot, you have to pay the price ;D ::)

Ray dont stop showing us your pictures, they are all beautiful....

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. I am so happy you all are enjoying the pictures.

My niece had her sweet 16th birthday party tonight and I took a bunch of shots, so I've got something new to show tomorrow after I edit them through PS.

Ray

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Anyone who knows anything about photography knows that a photographer requires GOOD lighting to make GOOD photographs. Okay, so what does a photographer do when he is called to photograph a sweet 16 party and the dance hall is completely dark with the exception of a multi-colored light swirling around the room from a disco light ball?

Break out the flash and utilize the zoom on the lense and hope for some out of sight effects, lol. But it's a tricky effect to accomplish, since it requires lowering the shutter speed to about 1 second and then turning the zoom on the lens after snapping the shutter. I think I came reasonably close to the effect I wanted.

Fortunately this was not a paying job (I never charge family or church members), so I had the freedom to experiment on a few photos and just have some fun.

Ray

Attachments

• amanda_lela1.jpg
    amanda_lela1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 371
  • miriam2.jpg
    miriam2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 358
  • lela1.jpg
    lela1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 346
  • amanda_cake.jpg
    amanda_cake.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 352

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
All I can say is WOW!! It's like there is a little bit of you in each picture. That is truly art.

Any more to share?

Cheryl

rcawdorswife

Aug 26, 2007
Truly amazing! Please keep sharing! Seems like there is magic with each and every picture that you capture!

My daughter saw the horse pictures and commented on how beautiful all your pictures are.

Thanks for sharing!

RCW

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks Cheryl, RCW, CD & rtde3! I really appreciate your comments, and everyone else's for that matter.

I will try to post some more photos tomorrow. Right now I've got some graphic design work to complete before I go to bed tonight. Good thing I've got the day off tomorrow! ;)

Ray

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Hey folks,

I've got a website up now but it is only partially complete. At least one can view some of the pictures that posted here but I've yet to figure out how I am going to direct purchasers to download the files they buy. Perhaps for now I can just email them as a zip file.

Please give me your honest critique...like, dislike, doesn't load on your browser properly (I work off a mac). You can view the website here: http://luciddesignstudio.squarespace.com

Ray

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, your B&W images are absolutely wonderful and also your color pieces!

I especially like your evening street-light scene with the moon. . . very creative!

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thank you, watercolor! The moon and streetlamps photo is one of my favorites too.

Ray

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Phenomenal pictures, Ray. You're so talented! :o 8)

Your daughter is gorgeous, by the way. :)

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thank you, Moona Lisa & Teddy!

PM'd you back. Thanks!

Ray

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Nice work. I try but I just don't have the eye or know how to get those kind of results.

Sidevalve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread