Bo Revisited

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I had a chance to visit with Bo again; a little more personal this time. If you don't know, Bo is at present the largest elephant performing in a circus. He's a growing, tennage Indian elephant.

Here's a few of Bo with a trainer:

Bo and a trainer.JPG

Bo and a trainer 2.JPG

And here's a shot of Bo trying to be a little friendly:

Bo up close.JPG

Here's Bo with his owner and a couple of lady friends and also a shot of just Bo and his ladies:

Bo\'s owner, Bo, and two lady friends.JPG

Bo and his lady friends.JPG

and here's me and Bo getting to know each other a little better:

Bo and me.JPG

BTW,,,,Gypsy Mystery....I spoke with the owner and we worked out a deal. Bo and I should be knocking on your door sometime Saturday afternoon...hope you have plenty of water, bales of alfalfa, and have completed your "trash can" training!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Bo' is one 'big dude', & has some 'cute' girlfriends. ::)

Fossis...............

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes, Bo looks like a good stud, better watch out! :)

Nice pics and kind of cool you get to touch ole Bo, hope his gal friends weren't jealous, watch your back next time! LOL

Does Gypsy have to have a flat coal type shovel or will a garden shovel do? ;D

Don

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!,, that is one big elephant...
I couldn't imagine standing next to that thing. I had a lady come up to me, back in the spring, riding a horse. She stopped to talk to me, and although I was a few feet away from her and the horse, I felt like I could feel his power from where I was standing...
Very spooky to this city boy... ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
That gentle giant looks like he is going to give ou a big 'ol smooch :-*! Fess up Wes....

Gypsy can handle a little 'ol elephant, can't you girl :D.

What a beautiful animal and some great shots!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thanks for the comments. It is really amazing how gentle Bo is. The whole time I was near him he was talking...actually little "squeaks" coming from that big guy. And I agree with you Leon; standing next to him you can't help but think of all the power that big guy could exert if he chose to.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics of Bo, Wes. Would you like him for a pet?

;) RR

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
RR...it surprised me how comfortable I felt around him...he's jus a big kid....but very, very high maintenance!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
CD... Bo would be a good friend to have, While I was standing there they had him lay down and he would roll over while they blasted him with a leaf blower to clean him up before the show...looked like he really enjoyed it!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wesfrye53 said:
BTW,,,,Gypsy Mystery....I spoke with the owner and we worked out a deal. Bo and I should be knocking on your door sometime Saturday afternoon...hope you have plenty of water, bales of alfalfa, and have completed your "trash can" training!

Sorry.....I am a little busy moving right now....Maybe once I get settled over in in Australia you can come visit .....

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Gypsy mystery,

So sorry to hear yopu are moving. I really hate to tell Bo that we can't come to visit you. he was looking forward to seeing if you could hang him from your ceiling.

Ever seen an elephant tear? :'(

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Oh he really is...eats nothing but stuff found in your yard and provides plenty of fertilizer for the garden! I've been trying and trying to introduce him to Gypsy but she keeps moving and "leaving No Forwarding Address" ::)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you know she really loaned me her shovel, so its kinda hard to have some company without one.

Afew years ago I got to ride one (elephant), and I was the last one on so I was on the rear hips it was fun, I'd do it again, BUT I would not be in the back!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread