A few from this week
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree21Likes
  • 15 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By cyzak
  • 1 Post By ToddsPoint
  • 1 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By Kray Gelder
  • 2 Post By tamrock

Thread: A few from this week

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21450 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

A few from this week

I took these with my Samsung S10 as I took a couple trips in the mountains this last week. The old homestead is west of Jamestown Colo and the others are from coming down from a visit to the Henderson mine around the foot of Jones Pass. You can see a slight color change to fall colors on the mountainside. Not sure what the little flower is, but some plants in the higher plains and mountains blossom towards the end of summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_054316.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	1861059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_054147.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	1861060   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_054130.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	1861061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200902_173356.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	919.4 KB 
ID:	1861062  

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin,Do the math.
    2358 times
    Nice photos looks like it is still staying green up there.
    tamrock likes this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like humanity. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyzak View Post
    Nice photos looks like it is still staying green up there.
    Might be the positive aspect of all the fires, as carbon monoxide C0 does not hurt plants because plants will oxidize it into carbon dioxide, which is an essential material for photosynthesis.

us
    Mar 2018
    Todds Point, IL
    5264 times
    Metal Detecting
    Is that old place occupied? It doesn't look like it's in too bad of shape. Peaceful setting. Gary
    tamrock likes this.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddsPoint View Post
    Is that old place occupied? It doesn't look like it's in too bad of shape. Peaceful setting. Gary
    No ones living there Gary and if you look closely you'll see a sign on that enclosed porch addition a blue sign stating its now a site registered as a Boulder County historic site, so as it stands this old homesite can never be torn down and replaced with anything better no matter who owns it. A few years ago they designated this old motel not far from my house a historic landmark. The owner of it was really ticked-off, because the land values are going through the roof around here and now he can't sell the land for what a developer would be willing to pay. He wanted level the place, so he started renting the rooms dirt cheap to bring in all the riff raff, but the city just condemned the place un suitable to live in. Now it's all chainlinked off an it looks like maybe its getting restored. I should probably document it all as I ride my bike by it all the time, but maybe they'll just be leveling the place, which my wife thinks they should do.

Name:	co_lafayette_circlemotel.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	1861287  
    Last edited by tamrock; Sep 05, 2020 at 06:30 AM.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10217 times
    Metal Detecting
    Beautiful!

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10217 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    No ones living there Gary and if you look closely you'll see a sign on that enclosed porch addition a blue sign stating its now a site registered as a Boulder County historic site, so as it stands this old homesite can never be torn down and replaced with anything better no matter who owns it. A few years ago they designated this old motel not far from my house a historic landmark. The owner of it was really ticked-off, because the land values are going through the roof around here and now he can't sell the land for what a developer would be willing to pay. He wanted level the place, so he started renting the rooms dirt cheap to bring in all the riff raff, but the city just condemned the place un suitable to live in. Now it's all chainlinked off an it looks like maybe its getting restored. I should probably document it all as I ride my bike by it all the time, but maybe they'll just be leveling the place, which my wife thinks they should do.
    Many local Historic Boards, Preservation Societies, give them any name you want, have no legal authority to dictate what one does with their property. Many defer to them, the gray-haired busybodies of their communities. When challenged, no teeth. I can't see a building of that age and purpose being declared historic. The history of that place is a big no-tell unknown.
    tamrock likes this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    Many local Historic Boards, Preservation Societies, give them any name you want, have no legal authority to dictate what one does with their property. Many defer to them, the gray-haired busybodies of their communities. When challenged, no teeth. I can't see a building of that age and purpose being declared historic. The history of that place is a big no-tell unknown.
    Yeah the so called busybodies, felt it was a historic remnant of old highway 287. the roof pitches all look like an old sway back horse. I believe they're busting all the concrete and digging up where a couple old 1950s style gas pumps one were, to remove all the contaminated ground below. They've still have the old part of town to cherish

Name:	20200716_073748.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	1861361  
    Last edited by tamrock; Sep 05, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Kray Gelder and 1637 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42029 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I love your pics love to be there
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

Sponsored Links