Dinning table turned display....

LEOJ

Jun 20, 2006
Logan County, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exp. II
I've been working on turning this Bombay furniture dinning room table into something usefull.

My ex wife just had to have this table, so we bought it back in 1996... She's been gone since 2000 and the table is still here... So, I've put a little time and money into it and turned it into something I can use... It's still a work in progress but I'll get it finished up soon...

It was once just a solid pine top with a tiny little drawer underneath it....

Joel

Attachments

• Table1.JPG
    Table1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Table2.JPG
    Table2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 208

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love refinishing furniture and that is such a clever idea..cant wait to see the finished product..

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You did a great job with the table. It will look wonderul with your finds in it. Please post pics when you have made the display.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea and the drawer slides are perfect. aa Ex Furniture Guy ;D

Bobbert

Greenie
Sep 1, 2004
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
That looks like great job you have done there. If I only had a table I think I would give that a shot myself.

Excellent idea, Bob

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Very creative well done job,and as others have sai let us see the display when you set it up.I can visualize red velvet in the bottom with your finds in there will be sooo pretty.
Van

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's going to be really nice...very creative. I knew a man (deceased) who had taken a glass topped coffee table & made a display for his knife collection. He added a bottom & lined it with felt material, to place his knives in there, he just picked up the glass.

I too found a glass sofa table (goes behind the sofa) with two shelves. All I have to do is add bottoms to it & will be a perfect display for my Indian artifacts. I'll probably have to replace the glass cause it's the smoke glass. One day when I get around to it...

Post pics after you add your displays to it.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread