Small Town Christmas Celebration

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I promised Cynangyl and Country Girl I'd post some ics of a night Christmas Parade. Tonight the Al Menah Shriners went to Gainesboro, Tennessee, which is about 80 miles east of Nashville to participate in their Christmas Parade. We try to participate in as many of these parades as possible as our way of thanking the communities for their help when we sell Shrine Papers to collect money for the Shrine Hospitals.

The first pic shows one of the guys putting lights on the Potentate's Float, which I pull in the parades:

Lighting the Float.JPG

The next shows some of the other vehicles lining up behind us:

Lining up.JPG

This shows the start of the parade through Gainesboro and the next is taken as we near the town square and County Courthouse:

Starting the parade.JPG

Heading to the Town Square.JPG

The last shows us nearing the end of the parade:

Nearing the end.JPG

Gainesboro is a small County Seat and while there wasn't a huge crowd it's always worthwhile to see the excitement on the folks, and especially the kid's, faces.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing Wes, & you guys keep up the 'good work'.

Fossis................

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Great time Wes! The looks on those little folks faces makes all the extra work worth it does'nt it? :) Hows the knee holding up through all these parades? How the heck many are you doing? Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It does make all the effort worthwhile CG. Knee is holding up cause these days I just "supervise" cause I look so "pitfull" hobbling around on the knee. ::). Just hope they don't catch me playing 3 on 3 at the local school yard :o

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Make sure you take good care of that knee while working so hard to make all those smiles! So glad you got the pics posted for all of us to see! You are a good man Wes, keep up the good work! I wish there were more hearts like yours in this world...it would certainly make it a better place for all of us if there were! ~hugs~

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cyn..Thanks but I don't feel as worthy as your accolades! Just doing my small part! :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread