Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have my blood pumping. Wish I was helping you. Good luck and bring out a dandy nugget. HH
Burdie

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Do I see a little color in the last photo? I can surely see that air chisel and tank bar, doing a little snipping huh.

I miss fooling around Downieville, Indian Valley Campgrounds, North Fork of the Yuba, Goodyear Bar and the Trinity Forest.

HH

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Ant said:
Do I see a little color in the last photo? I can surely see that air chisel and tank bar, doing a little snipping huh.

I miss fooling around Downieville, Indian Valley Campgrounds, North Fork of the Yuba, Goodyear Bar and the Trinity Forest.

All good spots you mention. Have you ever been to Doc Willys ? Burnt down years ago, but we had a blast in there after
working Bunker hill/jubert diggins for gold. Indian valley had a great bar/restaurant that would take our gold and trade for food(beer mostly)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i could walk better i would be out there to Great photos

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like 'Adventure' to me, I have an Aunt that lives in Galt Ca, I may go for a long visit & do some searching for Gold. ;D

Fossis.................

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've never seen Tom Massey out there with a hammer drill.....I Love It !!!!....Best of Luck to ya BigFish!

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Santa Pauls is Dead (And I do know who is naughty) said:
Bigfish,

Are you up on the American or there abouts. Lived in El Dorado Hills for a year. Doing exactly what you are doing. Loved it. Find that bedrock!
I''m on the yuba river/deercreek area below englebright dam,yuba county.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
You need me to tag along with you and help you find where the big gold is in those cracks with my Minelab 2100v2, hehe.

Great pics! Love to see color in any form.

Ray

OP
OP
B

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
revelation28 said:
hey how do i make my own verison of that??
If you mean the gas vac, you need a gas leafblower,150 mph or better. It should be one with the fan horizontal to the ground so it runs as it would if you were blowing leafs. The one I got was $69 at homedepot. The hard part is attaching it firmly to the bucket lid with no air leaks. Once you have that, cut a hole in the bucket to fit the hose. A downward deflector inside the bucket helps the material drop down before it blows put the fan. It's alittle dusty on dry dirt, but if you aim the outlet downwind it helps. This tool is quite effecient in cleaning deep cracks, and if the nuggets are too heavy for it to lift (I wish!) atleast you can spot them in the cleaned out crack. Good luck!

Attachments

• gas vac 005.jpg
    gas vac 005.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 409

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread