tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. That camera trap is sure producing some great wildlife shots. The subjects seem more content and natural in appearance by not being concerned about a human being around with a camera.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That little skunk is cuteranhell, and that lions reflection in the
water in #4 is fantastic.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pix! What did you use to get them? I'm looking to get something better than the trail cams i have been using they just don't take good pic even if they claim full hd.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Could you tell us what is the trail camera brand you’re using Ron?

Mike
Thank You Mike! These was taken with a Canon Rebel T6i...The camera is inside a home made modified pelican case. Opposite side has a piece of plastic pipe with a clear filter glued in. It's triggered by a motion sensor. Also use two off camera flashes with wireless triggers... You can learn a lot more by searching "DSLR camera trapping" on Youtube.
217683335_3924365971008896_1128683535965795866_n.jpg

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
ah, thought it might be. I have over $10,000 dollars worth of dslr stuff i havent used in a long time. I have a full frame nikon D100 that would work dandy i may try thanks to you. I was hopeing to find a good trail cam as i want to trap several locations on my property. Will use a 50mm F1.2 with skylight filter. I especially like your lion pix it is obviously of a wild lion and not one of those pet lions people photography and claim they are wild images that are so common.
Very nice images. Thanks for posting

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
ah, thought it might be. I have over $10,000 dollars worth of dslr stuff i havent used in a long time. I have a full frame nikon D100 that would work dandy i may try thanks to you. I was hopeing to find a good trail cam as i want to trap several locations on my property. Will use a 50mm F1.2 with skylight filter. I especially like your lion pix it is obviously of a wild lion and not one of those pet lions people photography and claim they are wild images that are so common.
Very nice images. Thanks for posting
Sounds like a plan! It's very addicting and a lot can go wrong but I love it.

Things don't always go right while camera trapping. It was closer than anticipated, and was hoping for it to get a drink of water with it's head down. Taken yesterday with an 18-55 Canon kit lens at 18mm.

Attachments

• 022PNG-1.png
    022PNG-1.png
    626.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe a young female. If the deer are there she may hang around have kittens and bring them down for a photo shoot<smile>. Keep at it and you will harvest that one in a million shot. Is this on your land?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
maybe a young female. If the deer are there she may hang around have kittens and bring them down for a photo shoot<smile>. Keep at it and you will harvest that one in a million shot. Is this on your land?
Thanks, No not my property, but have permission to be there.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I'm at even as dry as it is there is still water even if the creeks are dry. The deer have moved into my apples and pears more than in a normal year what ever that means. There is a local lion i see signs of maybe I'll see if he visits my apples. I manage my lands for wildlife so they are safe. Last year i caught a pair of young bucks sleeping in my feeder barn about 1/4 mile from my house. The deer like to come from that direction to get the apples in my back yard. I may use a trip beam instead of mo0tion sensor so i will only capture what is in the perfect location . Motion detector give you lots of junk pix. Heres a pix looking over at my feeder barn. Lots of tall berry bushes and native grasses which i cut every three years.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Barn exposed.jpg
    Barn exposed.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 95

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread