Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped here last week. Rained all afternoon Wednesday and most of the night, but fine weather Thursday. Lots of choke cherries in the canyon. Good to eat, but mostly seed. Always like the flowers at the Iglesia de San Juan Bautista by La Garita. Good sunrises from the west side of the valley.

Attachments

• 9-2aa.jpg
    9-2aa.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 9-2cc.jpg
    9-2cc.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 9-2dd.jpg
    9-2dd.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 9-2ee.jpg
    9-2ee.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 9-2kk.jpg
    9-2kk.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That.s pretty RGINN.Ya,ll have the neatest names for places out there.
That's pretty much an historic Spanish area there Crash, hence the names. Best thing, I go down there and speak better Spanish than they do. It is kinda cool to be down there and just mess with people who pretty much look hispanic and tell me, I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish. I can converse in three or four different languages with them if needed though.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many moons ago a friend of mine in Leadville would invite me to go scout Elk and pick choke cherry at his uncles ranch south of Edwards. His uncles last name was Carter and his ancestors started a little ranch community called Cartersville, Colorado. Seems Google will still locate Cartersville, Colorado. That fella Carter would ferment 5 gallon buckets of choke cherry into wine. He told me the history of the little town and how his family moved in to the area in the 1800s. Now the place looks like a dude ranch called Bearcat stables maybe there now? It was fun going down there. My buddy would later die in a mine accident and who knows now who owes that ranch and ghost town back in there, but that was all before there was a place known as Eagle Vail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread