Frogs and Turtles confused? or just plain ole hungry

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't know it is winter. Three times this past week I have seen a big green frog just below the spillway at the pond. Of course, I would have loved a photograph with the frog and the ice on the pond showing in same frame, but never had my camera with me.

Today I went down and checked to see if the rain pushed the water level high enough to go over the spillway (nope) and as I looked for the frog I saw a big blob of mud surface in the small area just below the spillway.

To my surprise it was a big Snapping Turtle, perhaps 15-18 inches long in shell length and a head that for sure would be a finger grabber. :) No ice on the pond today it melted but still surprised to see the turtle on Dec 10th.........

Don

Attachments

• Snapper in December.jpg
    Snapper in December.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 247
  • below spillway.jpg
    below spillway.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
What a great picture, by the size of him I'd say plain ole hungry :D. I wish you got the frog too. ;)

LOL Kim , I think the Snapper got the frog before me! :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he's heading for the mud to hibernate

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Great pic of the turtle Don :) With it in the high 70s today > maybe 80s even ?? not really sure , we have had some confusion also ;) Just got bitten by mosquitos while standing outside with the dog ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread