Northern Lights over Eielson AFB, Alaska! Beautiful!

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Aurora.jpg
    Aurora.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Northern Lights over Eielson.jpg
    Northern Lights over Eielson.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 954

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazingly beautiful. Now, that's something I would love to see in person. Thanks for sharing these with us.

;) RR

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
That is beautiful. I have had an obsession with the Great Northern Lights all of my life. Sooner or later, I will get far enough north to see them.

Thanks for posting.

DM

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome sight to behold, I saw the 'southern lights' once in OK.

Fossis...........

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Awesome. I saw the Northern lights once, doing a 2 week "Survivorman" type outing in the remote wilderness of Canada. It is a magical sight. The stars you can see up there as well, many many miles from any civilization and city lights & pollution is just incredible. I'll never forget it.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Beautiful pics. I would love to see it in person one day. Thank you for posting and thank you for your service.

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
I remember seeing their beauty when I was stationed at Ft. Wainwright!!! What a sight!!!

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Aye ...... beautiful photos. Watching the NORTHERN LIGHTS .... sure beats watching the television.
"Got to be BOLD ..... to deal with the COLD".

Sent a website to help keep track of the forecast ......

http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/auroraforecast/

Peace
hip ~

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hipmount said:
Aye ...... beautiful photos. Watching the NORTHERN LIGHTS .... sure beats watching the television.
"Got to be BOLD ..... to deal with the COLD".

Sent a website to help keep track of the forecast ......

http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/auroraforecast/

Peace
hip ~

Hi Hipmount,

Thanks for the link!

Say, what part of AK are you from? I plan to do some gold panning/sluicing this spring; I have a hot tip of where there might be gold and an invitation to detect/sluice/pan for gold in an area that produces gold flakes! I can hardly wait for breakup!

AlaskaAng

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Hey AlaskaAng ~
'Can't wait for Breakup'? ..... gee, now you sound like a TRUE 'sourdough'. ;)
You also happen to live in the HEART of nugget country. Look up Nome Creek (up on the Steese Hwy) .... sent you some research links ... thats is where I would be 'buzz-in'. There are about 7 miles of 'tailings' you can metal detect/sluice/pan. So during the 'Long Winters' ..... dream the dream. (because they do come true)

http://tin.er.usgs.gov:80/mrds/find-mrds.php

http://mapper.landrecords.info/

My lady and I .... will be hitting the gravels in Chicken,AK (check that site) in the Spring. I'm converting one of my sluices ..... into a 'high-banker' ..... so this season .... I get to sit on my arse ..... take naps .... while she 'humps' all the buckets of 'pay-dirt'. ;D

http://www.chickengold.com/index.html

As for where we live?
I do most of my mining in Willow, Kenai, Hope, Talkeetna, Tok ...... and live just far enough from Anchorage .... to get the supplies we need ..... then ..... get the heck out of Dodge !!! :o .... and back to the cabin. ;D

So until 'BREAK-UP' ...... 'bunker-down' ...... do the 'homework' ..... whistle at the LIGHTS .... then in the Spring ... go for the GOLD!!

Peace
hip ~

"A smart miner ..... never shows his poke"

Attachments

• getimage-2.jpg
    getimage-2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 586

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pics are beautiful Ang. Thanks for sharing.

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
Glad to sdee you back Ange.Man the Lites ahve been great lately over here in North Pole,when the clouds moved off.Then the Full moon came out and that wasnt good.I did get a bit the other night when I was outside with the dogs about 2 am.

Like you Break-up aint coming fast enough.Until then keep warm and keep dreaming about them relics.Daniel

S

stefen

Have a few bitter cold memories of EAFB...the lights are always a great show...its like you could reach up and touch them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread