Our great symbol of freedom

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
TreasureTales said:
Wildlife art? That's even better than cartoons, IMO. I'd love to see your wildlife art. There are paintings and prints of waterfowl and American big game animals all over my cluttered house. Never get tired of looking at wildlife.

So now we know why you take such good wildlife photos - scrap.
Ive posted some paintings on here a while back and kind of got away from that. Anyway here's a couple Thanks for asking and your kind words TT
Van

Attachments

• frame1132552.jpg
    frame1132552.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 219
  • motivator6584956.jpg
    motivator6584956.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 219
  • frame1132552.jpg
    frame1132552.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 203
  • motivator6584956.jpg
    motivator6584956.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 204
  • frame8154091.jpg
    frame8154091.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Thanks for your nice comments River and Country Girls Dad.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
TreasureTales said:
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. My favorite being the Black-capped Chickadee. So someday soon you'll be painting a Bald Eagle with wings spread wide? ;) Thanks VanGone, very nice. ("Scrap" is the term for the photo that inspires a painting, not meant as a derision)
Very possible on the Eagle,but the camera I was using that day doesn't show enough detail. Here's a picture I took last year that I might use someday. Thanks again TT.
Van

Attachments

• motivator4933699.jpg
    motivator4933699.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 202
M

MiniMe

They are so beautiful....my favorite...I love the last picture...like he's looking down on us...and the one in flight....freedom. Great picts thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
MiniMe said:
They are so beautiful....my favorite...I love the last picture...like he's looking down on us...and the one in flight....freedom. Great picts thanks for sharing.
Thanks MiniMe,you are correct they are really something. The one looking down had his eye on me as I tried to get close.
Van

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Van, those are gorgeous! To be able to photograph something wild in the wild is impressive! I love the mama and baby. To watch them incubate and hatch and raise their young on the wild cams is wonderful, but can be heartbreaking, too, when nature takes over. You have some WONDERFUL shots! Thank you for sharing!

-Noodle

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Noodle said:
Van, those are gorgeous! To be able to photograph something wild in the wild is impressive! I love the mama and baby. To watch them incubate and hatch and raise their young on the wild cams is wonderful, but can be heartbreaking, too, when nature takes over. You have some WONDERFUL shots! Thank you for sharing!

-Noodle
Thank you Noodle, In Iowa when it gets real cold and the river freezes up they hang around dams that have large trees on the bank that they can perch on and watch the river. I don't know how good there vision is,but they watch and then seem to go out and try to catch a fish. I see them hit the water and come up with a fish,and then take it back to the trees and eat it. What I find interesting is how they can balance on these tiny branches in the tree tops. Very cool birds to say the least.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread