61.9 KB · Views: 347

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Nice pics! Record numbers reported here in NH lately. Much better than the turkey that almost became our national symbol.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
TreasureTales said:
Absolutely stunning photos. That photo with the eagle in flight with wings outstretched is especially magnificent. Thank you so much. IF you don't mind, in which state did you see them?

NHBenz, don't knock the poor turkey, they are smart, protective parents and mighty tasty - better tasting than an eagle, no doubt. :P
Treasure Tales, these were shot this morning in Easter Iowa,They have made a great comeback in the last few years. I have seen many of them at this spot after very cold wheather. This picture is of the dam they like to fish at. Once it warms up we don't see them at this location till the next freeze
Thanks for your kind words.
Van

Attachments

• Misc jan14 779-Changed.jpg
    Misc jan14 779-Changed.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
NHbenz said:
Nice pics! Record numbers reported here in NH lately. Much better than the turkey that almost became our national symbol.
Thanks NHbenz. They seem to be doing very well here also.
Van

1960texan

Dec 6, 2007
Texas
Saw my first bald eagle in the Houston, TX area a couple of years ago. I was astounded at how patriotic I felt at that moment. Beautiful job on the photos.

1960Texan

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
1960texan said:
Saw my first bald eagle in the Houston, TX area a couple of years ago. I was astounded at how patriotic I felt at that moment. Beautiful job on the photos.

1960Texan
You are correct on ones feelings when a person See's one of them.Thanks for your comments.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
TreasureTales said:
Thanks for the state info, VanGone. I was just curious if our national symbol was indeed national. I know they have made a good comeback here in California, too. I saw 3 in September, perched on top of power poles along a rural highway that paralleled the Pit River. Couldn't stop in time to photograph them. If I had, my photos would have been no where near as great as yours. :)
I'm sure your picture would have been great. I think they are doing real good at coming back. I saw more along the river last year then this year,but there is always a bunch at this spot and it is easy to get to . They are pretty tame if you move slowly when approaching them.
Van

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Van,
Don't recall that I have ever seen one in person. I bet the ole heart does start
to pound. Thank you for posting these.
Tenn. Joe

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots of our symbol of freedom. Glad to see them making a strong come-back.

Is you handle from Vango, Vanwent, VanGone? lol

Just wondering. With mine as sorekneesdayton it is pretty obvious.

Good Hunting
Terry

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
SoreKneesDayton said:
Great shots of our symbol of freedom. Glad to see them making a strong come-back.

Good Hunting
Terry
My handle VanGone is a pen name I have used for years when drawing cartoons.It is derived from the artist Vangogh name. He was kind of a crazy artist and my cartoons are kind of crazy hence the name VanGone.Lots of friends call me Van, my real name is Ed
Ed AKA Van Gone.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
HOSSNV said:
Beautiful photography Van ! Great work . Thanks . Hoss
Thanks Hoss they are a great subject to take pictures of.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Tin Nugget said:
Stunning shots, and to think we almost made them extinct. Came very close!
Thanks Nugget. We almost did loose them and what a loss it would have been !
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Tennessee-Joe said:
Van,
Don't recall that I have ever seen one in person. I bet the ole heart does start
to pound. Thank you for posting these.
Tenn. Joe
Thank you Joe,and yes they are a sight to see. I see them a lot but still am impressed when I see them
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pic's of a 'Stately Bird'.
They 'winter' in Ar & Ok also, but they are hard to get close to here, probably a good thing with all the 'trigger happy' folks.

Fossis.............

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
A majestic bird, and you have some beautiful pictures. Thanks Gnewt

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
fossis said:
Beautiful pic's of a 'Stately Bird'.
They 'winter' in Ar & Ok also, but they are hard to get close to here, probably a good thing with all the 'trigger happy' folks.

Fossis.............
Thanks Fossis. Its hard to imagine why someone would want to shoot them,but you are right there are those that will. This area is with in the city limits so they don't get bothered.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
gnewt said:
A majestic bird, and you have some beautiful pictures. Thanks Gnewt
Thank you Gnewt. They are fun to watch catch fish below the dam.
Van

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone said:
SoreKneesDayton said:

Good Hunting
Terry
My handle VanGone is a pen name I have used for years when drawing cartoons.It is derived from the artist Vangogh name. He was kind of a crazy artist and my cartoons are kind of crazy hence the name VanGone.Lots of friends call me Van, my real name is Ed
Ed AKA Van Gone.

Ed we would like to see some of your cartoons. I created a few for a book years ago but that's it. I know to know others are doing interesting thingsd.
SKD

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
SoreKneesDayton said:
VanGone said:
SoreKneesDayton said:

Good Hunting
Terry
Ed AKA Van Gone.

Ed we would like to see some of your cartoons. I created a few for a book years ago but that's it. I know to know others are doing interesting thingsd.
SKD
I don't really keep any on hand Terry. I use to do T shirt stuff that had to do with college sports. About all I do now is just some silly Christmas card stuff,nothing really interesting. I will look around and see what I can find around here.Anymore I just concentrate on painting wildlife art.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread