Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tennessee-Joe said:
Fossis,
I never knew that these exist.Thank you.
Joe

they are the fartherest known in the West of this culture.

Fossis................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muleskinner said:
The world thru the eyes of Fossis. Interesting to say the least, keep 'em coming.

Thanks, Muleskinner

Fossis..............

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Hey Fossis,

Years ago I hauled hay for a guy near Hartshorne, Ok. It was a large field located not far from Hartshorne, and was full of big mounds. According to the farmer the indians built up the mounds for drainage purposes and set up tee-pee's on them. I had forgotten about that place til I read your latest history lesson.

Always enjoy your posts,

Ron

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron & April said:
Hey Fossis,

Years ago I hauled hay for a guy near Hartshorne, Ok. It was a large field located not far from Hartshorne, and was full of big mounds. According to the farmer the indians built up the mounds for drainage purposes and set up tee-pee's on them. I had forgotten about that place til I read your latest history lesson.

Always enjoy your posts,

Ron

Thanks Ron, intresting about the ones near Hartshorne.
We have thousands of 'small mounds' scattered for miles in this area, but the State Archaeoligists say they are natural, (pimple mounds).

Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mental granny said:
If I am ever able to I would love to go see that place it looks intresting!

Come on down sometime.

Fossis..............

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
It sure is a shame so much got destroyed and mislocated, I am glad they saved some of history for the younger generations to share.

How big is that museum? I'd love to explore through there and read all the signs.

Great post, I'm so glad you share a piece of the world I most likely woud'nt have a chance to see with out you. :)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you for the invite, when the weather changes I'll ask Jeff if we can come some Sun.
That is when it warms up about 10degrees or so! ;D

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Keep them stories coming Fossis.I'm still reading and enjoying them,just haven't had time to reply. This another really good one and the picture are really good. Thanks Fossis for sharing.
Van

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
It sure is a shame so much got destroyed and mislocated, I am glad they saved some of history for the younger generations to share.

How big is that museum? I'd love to explore through there and read all the signs.

Great post, I'm so glad you share a piece of the world I most likely woud'nt have a chance to see with out you. :)

The museum is two large rooms, & the outside has several acres, with walking trails, benches, interpretive signs all along the way.

Glad to share, Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone said:
Keep them stories coming Fossis.I'm still reading and enjoying them,just haven't had time to reply. This another really good one and the picture are really good. Thanks Fossis for sharing.
Van

You're welcome Van

Fossis...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread